BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire WebCams: Can I paste a Web cam photo onto my Desktop?
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire WebCams: Can I paste a Web cam photo onto my Desktop?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bobbie Howard (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 1:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am a Gold Member. I wonder if I can paste a photo from the Bonaire Webcams onto my PC's Desktop as Wallpaper or Background. I was able to do it, but the image is tiny. I would like to have an image that is at least 5" x 7" in size, centered on my Desktop. I have Windows XP as my OS. I like the "Center" option. If I use the "Stretch" option, the photo is totally out-of-focus. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6691) on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 2:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can you copy and paste the picture into the paint program and then resize it there and save it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5559) on Monday, March 14, 2011 - 2:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bobbie, if you open the picture to largest size (click on the photo) then right click it, you should have a large enough picture to use as a desktop background. If you have signed into the webcams, there should be an option asking what size picture you want to save.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bobbie Howard (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Monday, March 14, 2011 - 11:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks so much, Barbie Ruth. I followed your directions and logged in, etc. It only gave me the size options of "Small, Medium, or Large," but the photo is about 8" x 7" and that's okay. I realize that larger would make it less clear, so I can live with the size that came out. I didn't want it to cover my whole Desktop anyway. Thanks again for the response.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bobbie Howard (BonaireTalker - Post #31) on Monday, March 14, 2011 - 12:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly, I'm sorry I didn't thank you for your response too. Unfortunately I am not an expert on Paint. I can get into it but have just made things worse. I was hoping for as simple a process as possible. I look at the APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) website every day and they have incredible photos, plus one only needs to right-click/Set as Background/Wallpaper, and it comes out perfectly every time. It almost fills my Desktop screen but leaves a "frame" with enough room for my icons and Shortcuts. But I just wanted to try photos from other sources. Thanks again.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration