BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Power outages on Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2001- 2004: Archives - 2000-01-06 to 2001-03-07: Power outages on Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 24, 1999 - 6:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have heard that there are frequent and long power outages on Bonaire. Can someone please explain the reason for this? Do resorts have back-up generators?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Goodenough on Tuesday, August 24, 1999 - 7:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've only been to Bonaire 2X.

The first time was for 10 days and the second time was for 2 weeks.

In those 24 days, there was never an outage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom and Betsy Dane on Tuesday, August 24, 1999 - 7:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have been to Bonaire all different times of the year for minimum two week stays for the past 15 years...we have never experienced a power outage, even during a rare thunderstorm ten years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Tuesday, August 24, 1999 - 10:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The truth is that we do have power outages especially during the bottom of the ninth inning, tie score, two outs with a 3 and two count and our hero, the kid from Curacao, Andru Jones is at bat...wham....no lights.. I would say that we have an average of one outgage a month in my neighborhood. The hotels generally are served by sub stations with more relable equipment. I must be honest, it is a pain, but it generally does not last long. Does anyone remember the blackout of the Norhteast Corridor in the US back in the sixties? Bonaire does not even approach that dimension. I have been here almost 13 years and only can recall one Island Wide blackout and that was before the auxilliary plant was put on line...
(Jones Struck out)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration