BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: E College in Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: E College in Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 11:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello,

Does anyone know the email or snail-mail address of the local private high school E College? They don't have too strong of a presence on the internet. I'm thinking of trying to apply to teach there next year, and while I know chances are probably slim, I figure it'd at least be worth a shot.

Thanks!

R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1585) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 9:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Rich-welcome to Bonaire Talk--didn't want you to think you're being ignored, I just have no idea about the e-college in question. If it is a local school, you would have to be fluent in Dutch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #85) on Friday, March 25, 2011 - 8:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

So when someone post a message and there will be no reaction, is that ignorance?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4310) on Friday, March 25, 2011 - 8:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been working on finding out info. It is a private high school for upper level students. They are not interested in you if you are not fluent in Dutch...Sorry to sound so negative but that is the way the system works here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Friday, March 25, 2011 - 8:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

http://bonairetwitter.com/tag/onderwijs/page/2/

ecollegebonaire@hotmail.com

"Momenteel heeft het E-College zes leerlingen, waarvan vier Bonairiaans zijn. Voor komend schooljaar wordt gestreefd naar een aantal van 25 leerlingen."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #974) on Friday, March 25, 2011 - 12:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A lazy google translation:

E-class, new middle school on Bonaire

E-College Bonaire organizes Saturday from 15.00 to 18.00 hours a day open.
E-College is the private high school for HAVO / VWO and from next school year also Theoretically Oriented Framework Learning pathway (TCL) and was formerly the Unicollege and to make a new start after UniCollege no longer had the financial resources to continue. The school is a private company with shareholders and is run as a business. Was chosen for the BV form because in this way can be guaranteed there is adequate financial resources for the progress of the school.

The educational concept has remained the same: theme-oriented education with an emphasis on ownership and responsibility. HAVO / VWO, everything is done on the computer, in groups or independently, each with six to eight weeks a different theme. In addition, the courses offered as much as possible integrated. TKL is formal education, but more with textbooks so that students can move on to secondary school if it does that level.

Currently, the E-College six students, of which four are Bonaire. For next school year a target number of 25 pupils.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration