BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Palm Sunday
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Palm Sunday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Little Bus...Dianna Rides the Little Bus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #571) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there - sorry to mods & all if this question is in the wrong place...

Does Bonaire observe Palm Sunday?

I checked archives but couldnt wade thru all the "coco palm" chatter..

Cheers
Dianna

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #947) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 2:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Depends on the religion, doesn t it ?
http://www.infobonaire.com/religion.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Little Bus...Dianna Rides the Little Bus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #572) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 2:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, my apologies - I was just wondering if the grocery stores would be closing in observation..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1580) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 7:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Palm Sunday is not a legal holiday, however, the following week has 3: Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. Stores will either be closed, or have limited hours on those days, and expect that Saturday in between to be crazy-busy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Little Bus...Dianna Rides the Little Bus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #585) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 7:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great Ruth!! Thanks! Easter Sunday is the harvest festival in Rincon too I read, and the Queens b-day & Rincon day the following saturday? I bet it will be a blast! We will have to bike up to Rincon that day (easier to park than a truck)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1581) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 9:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Whoa, I would NEVER do that drive to or from Rincon, on Rincon Day, on a bike. There's always a place to park-might be a few blocks out, or on a side street, but you'll find one. Besides, the fun stuff starts 6pm-ish.

And you're right-the end of April will be quite festive & busy with Easter so close to April 30 (Queen's Birthday, aka Rincon Day), and May 1 (Labor Day)-also both legal holidays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Little Bus...Dianna Rides the Little Bus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #587) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 9:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I mean motorcycle - not bicycle- -wait you mean from the "folks having to much festivities?" right?
Sorry Ruth - sometimes I am SUPER thick (thus I ride the little bus!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1582) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 10:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, that's different. It's a time for cautious driving because yes, sometimes a bit too much "festivities" happen.
;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Little Bus...Dianna Rides the Little Bus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #590) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 11:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Ruth, you are always so helpful..

Yes - after I get off this diet I'll be having some "festivities" too!!!
;)

Cheers
Dianna

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #530) on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 3:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

the simadan di pastoor is held on second easter or easter monday ..not on sunday ...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration