BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Question about telephone and Internet
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Question about telephone and Internet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CornĂ© de Vries (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 8:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How fast is the internet connection on Bonaire?

What are the recommendations fore internet and telephone?

I am playing fore example massive multy play online games. Is the speed fast enouf fore a good game exsperience?

Thanks again fore your coments

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton B (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #120) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 11:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

At Telebo you can get 2 Mbps and 4 Mbps ADSL. I don't play games so don't know if these speeds are sufficient. I have the 2 Mbps and the speed claims seem realistic. Whenever I download video from the web and look at the network speed (via task manager), the network utilization is at 2 Mbps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom M. (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 11:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You plan to be in Bonaire and playing WoW? Seems so wrong... ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CornĂ© de Vries (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 6:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

haha yes afcorse its not a holiday fore ever... I live there and have my hobby's . Well and the second hobby will be kyte surfing and wind surfing afcorse lol:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olaf D. (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #381) on Saturday, March 5, 2011 - 6:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Corne ... although speed is acceptable to some level (i was used to 100mbit), your ping will be far from great, especially when it's a shared resortbound wifi connection ..
For WoW it's not much fun, MW2 is even worse ..
But this is just my experience ...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration