BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Anyone renewed their Cedula this year
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Anyone renewed their Cedula this year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt III - www.RecTekScuba.com (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #491) on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 7:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning all. I am wondering what hoops I was going to have to jump through to renew my Cedula.

Where to go?
What to bring?
Cost?

Mine is a permanent resident 5 year Cedula.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #512) on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 10:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i renewed mine in late September... at the immigration office .. take a number..in the afternoons after 1:30.. you need a new census registration paper .. buy it there.. i got my cedula in a few minutes and paid nothing except for the registration paper .. but that was September ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4297) on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 11:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Things have changed!!! Good Luck!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob RE/MAX Bonaire www.bonairehomes.com (BonaireTalker - Post #73) on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Walt -

I did it in September too, and we made two appointments of the same day, one for me and one for Molly. The appointments took 1/2 hour in total, and we were done. Make copies of everything you normally bring:
- Passport
- Proof of having enough money, or sponsor letter from your employer
- Proof of registration at the "bevolking". (Same lobby, $10 charge)
- Proof of medical insurance (not sure if you need that any more) Otherwise the usual slip from SVB will work.
- 2 photos from Paradise Photo, since I don't know anyone else who does them.
- A completed application form (like the old "model 3".

I think that's it, but I may have missed something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4189) on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 7:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I pay someone Walt..the stress was too much. I am good until 2012. If you want the name of my guy, email me at ann@bonairecaribbean.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #513) on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 10:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

bob ..... i am a permanent resident -for the last 25 years- so i go through the local process which is as i mentioned above ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt III - www.RecTekScuba.com (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #492) on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 4:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

21 years here, permanent residency with a Dutch Passport. In the past it wasn't too bad after waiting in line. Go in buy paper get picture taken, digitally sign, wait for it to be printed. Was hoping it was still the same now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #514) on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 5:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

walt ..for me it was as you describe .. the other process seems to hold for temporary residents .. a friend of mine -also long time permanent resident renewed as quickly about 2 weeks ago ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #515) on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 5:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

forgot ... go before expiration .. if you let your cedula expire.. the grand headaches begin ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CornĂ© de Vries (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 4:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

what is a Cedula? sounds strange in a Dutche men ears

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Zavon (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #170) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 5:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cedula = Identiteitskaart

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CornĂ© de Vries (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 5:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

ahaa okay thank you Bruce

I have heard that it could take a have year before my visum is ready... I hope the understand I live on Bonaire and that I am a not a tourist... At all

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration