BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: HELP SAVE SUNSET BEACH FOR BONAIREANS
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: HELP SAVE SUNSET BEACH FOR BONAIREANS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #1088) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 4:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Posted by Mod Freddie for Michael and Chat N Browse

playa Publiko

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #1089) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 4:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

playa publiko

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #57) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 4:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe at the opening I can have a performance at the G. Amphitheater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #30521) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 4:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone remember Bonaire Chat? Pre BT?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12944) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 5:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would love to see this come about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #30524) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mr. H in Mississippi, you still looking in?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12945) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 6:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I take it that this is all open to the public of course? Is this a reality?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #30526) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 9:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie, this plan also took place back in 1996 / 97. Was told " You will have a better chance building a bridge over to Klein".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6231) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 9:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Now now..postive thoughts...sung to the tune of... "We can make this happen"
How about a lottery?(Are they allowed on Bonaire?) A dollar and a dream?
I would change the Restaurant to the top floor though...and STINAPA office's to ground level..more foot traffic and more view for the public.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #30527) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 10:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A fun read. (Please note the date}
http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/27/1395.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6232) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 10:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ahh..thanks for the link. Glad there are dreamer's in this world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #562) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 9:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Crazy thought: The people and government of Bonaire raised money (somehow) to buy Klein Bonaire so it would remain undeveloped. Can something like that be done again to "buy" the Sunset Beach property and either return it to "natural" surroundings or develop it into another "national park" with minimal facilities (restrooms, a visitor center, a small snack bar)? Would keep it available to all Bonairians and visitors. I would be willing to donate some money to this, and be willing to pay a higher Marine Park fee each visit to help maintain the Sunset Beach National Park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4958) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dr. D, I don't think your idea is all crazy at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4247) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 1:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fundashon-Playa-Publiko-Bonaire/169692049734045 is our face book page..please take a look at it. I know there are lots of doubters and if we all take that attitude, nothing would be done. FYI it is the same core group of folks who made Klein Bonaire happen that are trying to make this happen. More than 80% of the people here are in favor of the project and it is the mission that it will be run and owned by Bonaireans for everyone to enjoy. Please help with your comments. We have many influential people who are with us and now we need to get it to be an issue that the politicians who are running for office this March make it an issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6233) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 3:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

http://ja-jp.facebook.com/pages/Fundashon-Playa-Publiko-Bonaire/169692049734045
Hope this works better :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6234) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 3:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bart Snelder (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #115) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 5:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One of the reasons why I backed the drive to protect Klein Bonaire, is because Klein Bonaire was pristine and Bonaire had plenty of space to develop. In fact during negotiations with M. Nemey a land swap was proposed back then. The goal was back then; NO DEVELOPMENT! That is not on the table now.

At the risk of being burned to the ground here: I don't support this particular drive, not because I don't think it to be a nice sweet plan, but because of the new nature law and the ROB (urban planning law) both recently adopted.

In the new nature law an environmental impact study is required for most development, which is exceptionally difficult to pass. In the ROB it specifically calls for 'inbreiding', developing inwart, using available space within present development, as opposed to 'uitbreiding' developing 'outward'
In addittion it calls for any land to have no building covering more than 40% of the parcel (SP?). Buildings can also not be higher than 8 meters. This is obviously contradictory to 'inbreiding'. Any development therefore cannot go left, right, forward, backward, or up. Or so it seems. A self inflicted economic suicide, Bonaire cannot develop at all, because of its choking restrictions. The terrain of the former Sunset however belongs in the category where Bonaire can actually adhere to 'inbreiding' and does not have to develop outward as aggressively.

In addittion, contrary to popular believe, this 'beach' has not been public for over half a century, it is not public land now in the sense that it is leased. Legally not more public than say Eden Beach, or Plaza or Divi or Sorobon. It was once home to the largest hotel on Bonaire. To boot its beach was artificially kept sandy, which was violently swept away by Lenny ofcourse. This is/was not pristine land. IMHO I thus rather see this 'beach' developed to a greater extend than proposed here, than see land still untouched go to waste elsewhere.

Finally, with a small hotel, a boatramp, and many many other concessions, how 'public' will it really be though? Hmmmmm..........
M2C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #755) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 6:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have to agree with Bart to some degree. At first, I was drawn into the euphoria of keeping the area for locals but after a little more thought, I think that there are alternatives

There is only so much land that is available for development for tourist accommodation in & around Kralendijk & this is prime real estate. Maybe it would be possible to develop it into a variety of uses for both tourists & locals rather than one big hotel complex. If the Government want to try to please everyone, there are many potential areas along the coastal area to expand an area of beach for locals.

Sadly, areas that become 'public' also become run down and uncared for, they then have to rely on groups of people to periodically clean them up. One only has to look at that & other similar areas now to see how much rubbish has been discarded by those who use it for recreation.

I think that the area has to be made commercially viable & as a result that will bring much needed employment to the island. Once it is established that the future lies in the private sector, it would be something of a compromise for the public to vote on the proposals that they prefer & a proviso for the said developer to develop a beach area on another part of the island

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4251) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 12:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh ye of little faith!!! The plan is still in its infancy and has the backing of many influential and knowledgeable LOCAL folks who are only interested in keeping some of the island for themselves. Most properties and businesses are foreign owned and therefore the money they make leaves or never even makes it to the island. Any one interested in the facts, email me and I will send you our mission and vision. The alternative to this or a similar project is a 200 plus room hotel or to split the land into 3 or 4 parcels and build a boutique hotel, condos and private homes. Please keep an open mind and trust that the people of Bonaire are more than capable of building and maintaining a public facility (I did say the people, not government) I give you Yong Bonaire as an example of how such private projects thrive and survive..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #756) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 1:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Michael.

If it is possible to develop this area into a public space that will not only serve as a facility for local communities but be in keeping aesthetically with it's location, then great.

I just see an opportunity to do both. Maybe a new hotel would be foreign owned but it is not correct to say that such developments are not beneficial to the island. Goods & services have to be bought, staff have to be employed & taxes have to be paid.

It would be easy for the government to put a lien on the land and insist that any developer provides a beach front facility for public use somewhere else on the island that has to be completed before the development opens for business.

Surely that is a win, win scenario.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3275) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 2:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The plan shown includes an "Hotel and Conference Center". In fact, the whole right/south side, as shown, appears to be commercial.

(Message edited by glenr on January 21, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bart Snelder (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #117) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 5:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am a local too, you know, borrowed money here, passport signed by Lt Gov. Hart, pay taxes, vote, raise my children and all that Jazz, ...... Yes we can maintain public property but we rarely if ever do! Rather than comparing it to Jong Bonaire compare it to other public beaches or land. The land next to Kas di Arte, Lac Cai bathrooms, Sorobon bathrooms and its surroundin land etc. etc. all area's so disgustingly dirty, even rats won't go there. Karpata, completely renovated, research institute installed and everything, monumental! Gone to waste within a decade! A hiding place for criminals and termites!

Please allow me to be hesitant to believe it will go better this time......

To properly maintain an area the size of Sunset is very costly indeed, financially and in elbow grease, IE the Sunset project as proposed here needs longterm strong economic incentive and backing and I don't see that here.

If this idea is solely aimed at "keep the big stuff out" it needs more pragmatism or it will fail and only do damage in the long run.

However, most of the NGO's that I am active with have voted in majority to support or join the effort,or something similar, so the above is solely my personal opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #757) on Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 6:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

At the risk of sounding condescending, it is possible to expand tourism & protect the environment.

The most important element of Bonaire is the reef. That has to be protected at all costs. In order to do that, systems need to be put in place to prevent pollution & tackle waste management. While it is true that businesses can destroy the local environment very quickly, the indigenous population are capable of doing the same damage, albeit over a longer period. I have visited islands that have been over-fished and where reefs have been destroyed by human contact, not by tourists but by locals.

It was imperative that Bonaire had adequate means in which to dispose of the islands waste before tourism was increased, this was not done.

It took a fire at BOPEC before the truth was revealed about a series of health & safety issues at the plant that resulted in oil seeping into the water.

As Bart reminds us, the majority of the 'public' areas on the island are a disgrace & littered with cans, bottles & drug paraphernalia. It is only because of the work of good hearted volunteers that these areas are not worse.

Bonaire's tourism & development should be capped at some point but more importantly, all infrastructure should be in place to cope with the tourism & development BEFORE it is allowed to grow.

Putting large areas of land such as Sunset Beach in the hands of the locals is not productive, nor will it halt the damage being done to the island.

The Government needs to be working with agencies such as The International Ecotourism Society & encouraging tenders from developers with Green credentials. Once the infrastructure is in place to provide effective waste management & the provision of cleaner energy, it will be possible for the Government to impose stricter legislation on those who pollute.

The greatest gift that Bonaire could give to its people would be more effective forms of education as well as a college of further education. That way, many of the jobs that are now taken by Americans, Europeans & South Americans could be occupied by locals. That would give them the opportunity to provide for their families & buy their own homes. This can be provided through the taxation of local businesses.

That has to be so much better than having a Government owned beach to hang out on once a week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #389) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 3:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree that education should be a top priority, but I don't think there will ever be a college on Bonaire because the population is too small to support it. I live on an island of similar size and there is no college here. We are an island of 10,000 with 400 kids in the high school. That's a graduating class of 100 every year. Even if 25% decided to stay, and you could attract kids from other places, I just don't see it as economically viable. On-line courses are available now, at least.

Did anyone read the article in the January "Vanity Fair" about Andre Balasz (Chateau Marmont, W, The Standard)wanting to build a green hotel on Saint Barts at Saline where it is privately owned but deemed prohibited from development? I know, I know...totally different island with totally different zeitgeist, but interesting. Apparently "prohibited from development" is a status that can change if you are from a powerful landholding family and a certain politician wields a lot of clout. Nothing new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #410) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 1:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am not a Bonairean but have been a tourist for the past 16 years. We return every year because of the marine life and the fine people of Bonaire. I think such a park could be a great asset to the Island but I fully understand some of the comments about caution.

I have some experience with such public parks and would recommend a public/private partnership in the development. Further, the maintenance of the park is not a small matter and must have good planning and support. The problems cited with other public areas are not unique to Bonaire and can be found in many other similar areas. There are 2 things that must be done to properly maintain such a park. Education of the users is critical and it cannot be assumed that all people understand their responsibilities. Secondly, daily cleaning is necessary and any unsightly violations must be addressed and corrected immediately.

I noted that this is called a public park but that should not guarantee it is free to all. A small annual fee paid by Bonaireans would give them access. Where I live we have an amentity access fee for all residents. Although some objected at first it is now accepted and provides a steady source of funds for maintenance. A fee for all visitors including cruise ship passengers would permit their use. I have found that when you pay for something you tend to care for it more and see that others do the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4254) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 8:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

George: Your comments point up the issues that the group of volunteers are aware of and know that need to be addressed. On Thursday there is a meeting with government to make a presentation so that they at least have a better idea of the possibilities fo this piece. Yes there is a plan for cruise ship passengers to make use, for a fee, of the beach. STINAPA Headquarters will be there and a full time maintenance crew and security are part of the plan. Please contact me info@chatnbrowse.com if you are able to help with suggestions. Peter Bohlin, the well known architect did the initial drawing (he is the designer of the Apple Stores as well as many environmentally sensitive projects, is working wih us and is on island for the next three weeks. I know we face an up hill battle...but...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #1095) on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 3:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

bumpersticker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 3:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

'Bonaire verkoopt Sunset Beach' (Bonaire selling Sunset Beach)
dinsdag 04 januari 2011 10:55
Op Bonaire is de overheid volgens Stichting Playa Publiko van plan om het voormalige Sunset Beach beschikbaar te stellen aan verschillende vastgoedontwikkelaars. Die zouden er hotels en villa’s gaan bouwen. Als dat zo is dan gaat de regering volgens de stichting voorbij aan de wens van de bevolking. Die stemde onlangs met een meerderheid voor een openbare bestemming voor het strand.

Freddy, starting a sticker campaign?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6277) on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 3:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Any updates from the meeting?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #1096) on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 3:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just helping a BT friend ,William...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 5:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very kind of you. We all try to help even from far distance. Sunset Beach Hotel was then main sponsor of my CD Music from Bonaire. With your permission I will copy and paste that image on my FB profile. BTW: soon will william-anthony.com be available. I quit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #1097) on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 6:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Please do use the image :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 6:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sure, pls send me a bigger resolution. it's too small for FB. could only copy and paste the url

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #1098) on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 7:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

william I will have to take another photo of the sticker.. I only have this small image... It might not fit in your profile in FB cause it is too long and will be unable to be read... just sayin :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #1099) on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 7:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

William you have mail ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4268) on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 - 2:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can scan it and e mail it if you wish..the stickers are available at Carib Inn, Chat n Browse and lots of other places..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 - 2:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

just do it, Michael. E-mail it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4269) on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 - 2:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Elvis cancelled the meeting and then rescheduled it and then cancelled it. We are looking for our third meeting and it might be "third time is the charm"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #384) on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 6:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow bumper-stickers in a language that just a few understand and those that do understand already know and support that cause. Why not make the following bumper-sticker in Papiamentu:
Keep out of this car and finish your homework!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #66) on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 10:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Menno, what kind of post is that? It needs further explanation. Isn't?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #385) on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 7:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, I'll try;

First off all I do not see the need of stickers. Period. Bonaire finds itself a green destination so it may as well try a little harder to becoming (a greener) one.

Secondly the message stated says something that I and many, many other can't read it so don't understand. The people who do understand that message know about that project and have voted in favor of it so what is the purpose to "gain soles" in that group of people. Think a little greener and stop creating useless plastic waste.

The second part of my posting starts with a question to you: What language do you think those little a.. holes speak who go though cars on dive-sites??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 7:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Menno, I can understand your concern about the environment on the island. It's a political matter. Why don't you start a political group on Bonaire? Than you can make your concern clear. Maybe those little a.. holes will join you too. Well, I am native and speak that language, but I am not a a.. hole as you stated. On the island they compare ass hole with a donkey. There are a lot and they are animals. You better think before writing. Here in Holland we have a politician call G.W. He is keeping the Court very busy by using those expressions like you, offending people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #386) on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 8:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have thought about it. I think about the crime issue every single day for the last 8 years while running a dive-shop. Especially I do so all day long when my divers come back being annoyed because some one stole from their car, AGAIN. Old dive-bags, a 2 pound spare weight, an almost empty cooler-bag, towels, old crapy t-shirts, cheap shades, 1$ flip-flops..... everything gets stolen over and over again and nothing happens against it, at least nothing effective!
The fact that you feel personally offended simply because you do speak papiamento does proof to me that I do point into the right direction with my choice of message and language on a bumper-sticker, but, it was not my intention to address every-one who speaks that particular language.
With the note that I like to thank you for comparing me with that racist in Holland I leave this threat behind me and also would to mention that I am not interested in starting a political career. I will focus on doing the best I can again all day long trying to get the divers back to diving and staying with us next year for their annual doses of well-deserved holiday.
Peace and be well! It get's harder and harder but that may as well be me giving lousy service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 10:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Whatever it is or will be, you made me laugh a bit. Good luck with your focus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4273) on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Menno, Your comments are very disrespectful to the Bonaireans and you totally missed the point why the sticker was in Papiamentu. Perhaps you would like to join us at the next meeting of the committee and share your thoughts so we can all be on the same page. I will have Jane contact you and formally invite you so that you can gain some insight as to what we are trying to do. Also, you are welcome to answer my comments but I have said all I am willing to say to you. So..fire away..my silence in return will speak volumes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #387) on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Must be a language problem Michael. I clearly stated I can't read it so I don't understand it either. Indeed, I may have missed the point completely. Exactly the big why of my posting about the language chosen and I just took the opportunity to (once again) address the problems about theft from cars. I indeed accuse that those doing that speak papiamento, and if that is seen as being desrespectfull to all the Bonairians then so be it. I dare you; Proof me wrong and I will eat my words and a pair of $1,- flip-flops on the Wilhelmina Plein on Cruise Ship day.
Let me assure you hereby it was not intended to offend the whole population but just those that steal!

I hereby would like to thank you for asking somebody else to invite me to a meeting but I will kindly pass on attending if you don't mind. Please do not get me wrong, I am in favor of most in that plan, but there are to many meetings held on this island and I choose pass on this one. There is no money for such a project and, I am afraid, there may never be money enough for such a project although pretty nice. Just use the available beaches and live with it......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corné de Vries (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 4:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hands off from Klein Bonaire, I have read only the first few blogs. I don’t want to read it from the top to the end... There must be NO discussion about little Bonaire.... This is the reason why I prefer animals instead of human beings...

There is enough to build on Bonaire itself... Even do I don’t understand why humans must build... Protect the Nature... leave small Bonaire fore what it is....A paradise fore animals and plants

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration