BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: What Would Happen?
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2010: Archives 01-01-10 to 06-30-10: What Would Happen?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pauline Kayes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #251) on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 6:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know what would happen to Bonaire if the PVV party in Holland gets its way and expels all the Antilles from the kingdom? And how likely is that? Finally, if the Island Council and the Dutch government resolve their differences and continue on integration by 10-10-10, could that agreement be negated by the PVV party?

seems like scarey times for Bonaire and her people

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ron DeMink (BonaireTalker - Post #88) on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 7:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3181) on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 9:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pauline,

That would be the $64,000 question. It starts with what becomes of the NA government.

I find it difficult to believe that Holland as a nation would eject the NA. Hope I am correct.

A time for patience in the Antilles. Easier for me to say from here in the States, I know. :–)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin W. Williams (Bella Vista Estates) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #656) on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 1:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's pretty unlikely that the PVV could pull this off. They would have to amend the Kingdom charter to do it, and that amendment would require the approval of all members of the kingdom. Basically, Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles would have to agree to commit suicide. The PVV could slice financing and do a lot of nasty other things without expelling them, but expelling them unilaterally is impossible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3182) on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

TKS, Kevin.

This wouldn't be the first time a politician or party used an impossible to implement issue to woo voters!!

I do wonder if some Bonaire politicians would not 'go it alone' for their own benefit.

(Message edited by glenr on February 25, 2010)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration