BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Glass Blown earrings
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2010: Archives 01-01-10 to 06-30-10: Glass Blown earrings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Janet Rock (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 5:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm looking for an artist that displayed glass blown earrings at a craft show in downtown. I'd like to purchase some more when I return to the island in March. Anyone know a glass artist that makes earrings?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 7:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I bought a pair last year - seahorses. I think it was a woman and her daughter, but I don't know her name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #342) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 7:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i know who you mean .. i have a beautiful fish necklace from her .. but her name escapes me as well .. she is usually at the fair in the park every cruise ship day.. if i have a free moment . i'll go look for her .. but that is one way you can find her....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #366) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 8:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You probably mean Stephanie Bennett. You can email Stephanie and her husband Phil at phil@harmonyhousebonaire.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3976) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 11:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Her stuff is mostly fused glass. She does not do glass blowing..She also make a great after bite for mosquito bites!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil the Bee (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #130) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 5:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Susan & Michael. Janet has contacted Stephanie in preparation for her next visit.

Yes, Michael is right - it's not blown glass -it's Fused, although some pieces are also Lampwork

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3980) on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

She also takes amstel bright bottles and melts them into unique art forms..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil the Bee (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #131) on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 6:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If anyone thinks from Michael's post that they'd like to give Stephanie some Amstel Bright bottles, that's fine, but it only works right if you give full ones which I then empty at just the right moment before the process can start!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By iTimmmy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7125) on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 2:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is a nice selection of glass earnings, charms and bracelets at the Richter gallery designed and made by Jake's daughter.

click here for info

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration