BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Internet Cafes
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2010: Archives 01-01-10 to 06-30-10: Internet Cafes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shrader (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 2:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know if there are any public internet cafes/libraries where we can use a computer to access the internet? We are not bringing a laptop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By a retired Grunt (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #937) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 2:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I recommend this one; just north of the traffic circle near Sand Dollar.

http://www.chatnbrowse.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3977) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 3:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

where are you staying?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rose Hall (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #109) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 5:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yep!!!! Chat N Browse is the one that most people head to. Some places have free wifi if you are bringing a laptop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Ingram (BonaireTalker - Post #54) on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 3:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have seen folks sitting outside the Chat N Browse late at night using the wireless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lisa z (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #326) on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 8:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can also rent the portable modem (?) so that you plug it in your computer and it picks up internet wherever you are. Rented one last time form Michael at Chat n Browse and it worked very well. Good prices, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda T. Henderson (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Steve,
Michael Gaynor at Chat N Browse is fantastic. It's not a fancy internet cafe, but Michael and his staff are probably the nicest and most helpful people you can find. While you're on the internet your friends/family can grab an ice cream at Lover's and sit outside and enjoy themselves. Michael also has a large selection of local art and hard-to-find items, like reading glasses (past experience). -Linda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Roerig (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 4:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I rented the USB Internet Modem from Chat N Browse last year and it was well worth it. Great coverage, connectivity and speeds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fid Chinoy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #177) on Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 12:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree. I rented the USB Internet Modem from Michael at Chat n Browse and it was excellent. I used Skype to do interviews with clients back home and the connection was very clear. We had wireless Internet at the house we rented but it was nowhere near as good as the connection with the USB modem from Michael.

An added bonus with Chat n Browse is that they use a couple of Internet providers, so if one goes down there is always a backup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lori Mulhisen (BonaireTalker - Post #54) on Wednesday, February 3, 2010 - 12:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just returned from Bonaire last weekend and rented a USB Internet Modem from Michael at Chat n Browse. Excellent and speedy connection--never dropped a signal! Highly recommended--thanks, Michael, for your excellent service and great conversation!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Capel English (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 2:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So how much does it cost to rent the USB internet modem and are there any other connection charges once you have the modem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill LaBarge (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #187) on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 3:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bring good Jewish seeded rye bread and you might get a discount.... you'll surly make a good friend....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie.....I want warm weather again... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14042) on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 3:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Capel Please contact Michael at info@chatnbrowse.com and he will tell you what the charges are :) good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4078) on Thursday, April 1, 2010 - 8:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill, it is the NY Cheese cake you bring that is the key! See you soon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lisa z (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #390) on Friday, April 2, 2010 - 1:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gosh Michael, Bill makes you sound so easy......
LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lisa z (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #391) on Friday, April 2, 2010 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone comment on the wifi at the Bellafonte?
Good service?
Wondering if I should rent a modem again along with the free wifi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4079) on Friday, April 2, 2010 - 2:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

From past experience re Belafonte, for the most of the property it works just fine with the local connection. I have had only two folks who had a problem and needed to use a modem there.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration