BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Need help to find a place to rent for 3 months
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2009: Archives 07-01-2009 to 12-31-2009: Need help to find a place to rent for 3 months
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Breno (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 9:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like to introduce my self.

My name is Breno and very soon I will be living on this magical place... too bad it is just for a while though.

I know it is not nice to already ask for help on the first post, but you will see it is for a good reason.

An opportunity came up and I decided to go to Bonaire and stay between 2 and 3 months... I know is kind of crazy, but that is my life..hahaha..

Now I am trying to get as much information about the island as possible since I will be arriving this October.

One thing that I am having a hard time is to find a place to rent. I need a small studio near Kralendijk and as cheap as possible because I will be on an internship program and that means no salary.

I already tried many real state and some small hotels but not luck so far. Most of then told me it would be best if I tried find private owned places, but that is difficult since I don´t know anybody there yet .

Could you give some suggestions?

Thanks so much for all the help and have a great day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (BonaireTalker - Post #51) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 1:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The place you interning with ( maybe a dive shop?) should be able to point you to the local sources, other than that the private places I know of, charge $30 a night, which is considerable more expensive than the locally available $ 500 studios. See the www.bonairereporter.com for that offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Diane and Bea (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #483) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 1:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe Anne Phelan www.bonairecaribbean.com can help you . She does wonders :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Breno (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 8:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Cris,

I´m doing the internship at Dive Friends and they are trying to help me too, but I decided to look for it since I will be there in about 30 days..

Is that the ad that you saw?

airco, Furnished Located at Hato, own
terrace, parking space, garden etc… Pos-
sibility internet, bike, linen, TV, etc.
Visiting Wednesday or Saturday from 1
-5 pm.
Call 717-2529 Monique

Do you know that person by anychance?

I am asking to see if she has an email or web site because I am in Brazil right now and still have to figure out how to call over there... Many things to learn (hahaha)

Thanks so much for your help and have a good night!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Breno (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 9:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Diane,

Thanks for the tip, but I already sent an email to Ann couple days ago and have not got an answer yet.

I sent it to the address that is listed on the www.bonairecaribbean.com.

Do you have any other email of her?

Thanks a lot and have a good night!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Freddie* (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12619) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 9:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Breno, go to the bottom of the page to keyword search.. Put Ann Phelan in the search and click on authors.. this will bring up her postings.. click on one and go to her profile by clicking on her name.. there you can send a message through the boards to her directly..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (BonaireTalker - Post #54) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 9:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Breno , you should be able to call her from Brazil, the Country code is 599 for Netherland Antilles, no I don't know her. Ask Dive Friends about "Sweet Lemon". Bonaire Seaside Apartments has suites and 1/2 bedroom units, you can always get a room mate from the Medical schools on the island, these units are not cheap. Are you getting your DM and then IDC in December?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Breno (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 9:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Freddie,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

I just sent her a message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Breno (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 9:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Cris,

Thanks again... just learn one more thing about Bonaire..Hahaha

I already contacted Sweet Lemon but they don´t have any vacancy. I will try Bonaire Seaside, the problem is that I don´t know anyone on the island yet.

That is exactly what I am doing... DM and after IDC. Are you a diver? (I know that is probably a dumb question because everybody dives there right?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (BonaireTalker - Post #55) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 10:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Breno, I am not a diver, have a recently from Dive Friends graduated DM daughter, who is going back next year for her IDC there. She wants to get more experience in the meantime, travelling the world of a DM. I have been to Bonaire twice within the last year, I would call the woman in the advertisement, Hato is easy reach by bike, which you will get on loan from Dive Friends. Sweet Lemon is in Hato, too.The Bonaire Reporter always has ads for rentals, there is also a local real estate company http://www.bonairesunshinehomes.com
specialized in rentals. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Breno (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 10:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cris,

That is nice. Did she like it? How long was she there?

I am looking forward to get started. Since I will be there for a while, tell her that if she needs something please contact me.

I will continue my search for a place to stay...hahaha... already contacted Sunshine Homes too..I guess I tried most of the real state companies... need to look for private people now.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 11:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our family loves Bonaire, she loved her internship with Dive Friends very much and will go back next year. She lived on Bonaire for 6 months, first as a student in a study abroad program, then as a part time intern ( in return for housing) at the same program and at the same time interning at Dive Friends. Long days, but lots of fun. She can't wait to go back, we are currently learning everything possible about visa rules. Good Luck with your rental hunting and the DM ! Let me know, if you find something reasonable, my daughter will need something next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Breno (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 1:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cris,

That is good to know that she had a good time in Bonaire.. it seems that people there are very friendly and helpful...

Don´t worry that I will let you know what options I found. If you need any information after I get there feel free to contact me.

Have a great day!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration