BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Screen Repairs
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2009: Archives 07-01-2009 to 12-31-2009: Screen Repairs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2264) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 6:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm looking to have someone do re screening on the screens in our condo. I'm bringing the special screen roll down with me since the type of material I want to use can not be purchased on island. Does anyone have any local contacts who I could hire to do the actual job of re screening?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairebliss.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3782) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 7:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

the man who has lovely eyes at Bonaco AKA Lisa gas used to fix mine when he worked at Kooymans. Maybe he will free lance for you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #768) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 7:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

So Vince, now all you have to do is go to Kooymans and ask "Where can I find the man with the lovely eyes who fixes screens" or maybe you can just spot him yourself.
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9663) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 9:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince, Boomerang will make and repair screens. :-) Just ordered some framing, corners, and such for Gregg to make some new ones in August for an area we want to re-do. What kind of screen are ya talking about? A Sunblock kind?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2266) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 11:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Mickey.. I suspect if I went into Kooyman and asked for "the man with the lovely eyes" that they would think I'm a bit.. oh how should I say.."strange". :-)

**Annie** If you happen to spot him in your travels if you could get his name and contact info, please pm me. I'd love to talk to him. Don't worry, I won't tell him that you said he has lovely eyes. :-)

**Debbie**
Our entire unit is screened however last time I was down I had to replace several which had already torn. Given the fact that they weren't even 1 year old, I was looking for a product which was more durable than what was available on island.

Here's a link to what I bought if you want to check it out.

http://www.superscreen.org/superscreen.php

We'll see how it stands up to the Bonaire environment.

I got the 17/20 mesh which purportedly will even prevent no see ums from gaining any type of access and yet not diminish the views from our condo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9665) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 1:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Vince, Gregg has seen those screens, hope they do good for you. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3720) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 5:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mark Roswell is your man for doing the screening. He also does picture framing so you know he is good 011 599 9 567 1143

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3721) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 5:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

by the way...Mr Cute eyes name is Leo...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2267) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 5:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Michael!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration