BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Lens for Nikon D40
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2009: Archives 2009-01-01 -2009-06-30: Lens for Nikon D40
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We do have a problem with autofocus on our camera Nikon D40 here on Bonaire. To detect if the problem is on the body or the lens we would to have another Nikon lens for a short moment. Can anybody help us out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jaap van Duijvenbode (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #126) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 10:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is it only Underwater that it has issues with focussing, then you might consider a +2/ +4 diopter addition in order to correct the focal distance.

I will be on the island in two weeks, but I would suggest visiting Wilco @ Capt. Don's Habitat: he has quite a few Nikkor lenses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2092) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 11:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Michael..I have the same camera however unfortunately I'm not on island now. Make sure you haven't inadvertently switched the control on the lens from "A" to "M". Yes I know it's a silly question but you never know..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By silvia taurer (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 1:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hey Michael,

am absolutely no camera pro but Tim and Michael form Fish Eye Photo would might be able to help you, here is their phone number: +599 717 2001

good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks to all. We found Wilco at Don's and were able to detect the problem. Our lens is "out of order" :-( but at least we know the problem now.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration