BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Florin
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2009: Archives 2009-01-01 -2009-06-30: Florin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Haskell (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #288) on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 7:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is the Neth Antille Florin used in Bonaire . thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1101) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 4:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

For right now. The official money will change to the US Dollar within the year if I remember right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1909) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 7:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lloyd..bring your $$$. The NAF or ANG will soon be a collector's item.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Haskell (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #289) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 1:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My $$$ are all of the canadian variety , i guess i should bring my bank card . ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1851) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 3:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

or take your canadian money to the bank there and exchange for guilders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #801) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 4:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank God they're going to Euros. We wouldn't be able to afford the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #802) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 4:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

whoops. I meant to say "Thank God they're NOT going to Euros"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1911) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 5:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marge..The verdict on how well the Euro will stand up is not yet in. It will be going through it's first major test (crisis) since launching over 10 years ago. It's a young currency and it's never really been proven. There are folks in the financial community who believe the Euro never should have even come about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Haskell (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #291) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 5:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What I want to avoid is converting my low value Canadian dollar into the high US dollar , then receiving nafs in change , I feel like a money launderer by the end of the day .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1852) on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 6:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

marge, we're going to go to the the ATM with you this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1104) on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 2:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

On Island convert your Canadian dollars to the florin/quilder as it is still the official currency as of right now. that may help with your budget at least until the US Dollar is official.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3535) on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 12:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It really makes no difference since the guilder is pegged to the Dollar at 1.77/1.78 for traveler's checks. The bank will change directly for the Canadian dollar at the current rate (today one canadian dollar is US .79 which is nafl 1.39)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fiona Rattray (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #403) on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 12:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tks Michael

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration