BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: DONKEY SANCTUARY IS NOT CLOSED , but is in need of visitors
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2009: Archives 2009-01-01 -2009-06-30: DONKEY SANCTUARY IS NOT CLOSED , but is in need of visitors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marina melis (BonaireTalker - Post #37) on Thursday, January 8, 2009 - 8:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

THERE IS AN ON-NICE TALK THAT THE DONKEY SANCTUARY IS TOTAL CLOSED, NOTHING OF THIS IS TRUE , WE DO NEED VISITORS URGENTLY TO PAY THE ENTRANCE FEE AND HELP US OUT WITH THE URGENT NEED OF MONEY TO SURVIVE WITH THE 407 DONKEYS AT THIS MOMENT !

ONLY WHEN IT RAINS HEAVY AND THERE IS MUD AL OVER AND YOU CANNOT DRIVE TROUGH, THAT DON't SAYS THAT WE ARE TOTAL CLOSED. SPREAD OUT THE WORD THAT WE ARE OPEN !
BRING US A VISIT AND FEEL THE NOSES OF OUR DONKEYS AND FALLING IN LOVE WITH THEM
THANK YOU , AND SOME BONAIRE DONKEY FRIENDS THANKS FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS MONEY!
MARINA AND HELPERS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Tink**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8309) on Thursday, January 8, 2009 - 10:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marina, thanks for the update. There hasn't been any talk on BT about it being closed, so that's a good thing:-)

I'll see you soon:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By claude bruce (BonaireTalker - Post #53) on Thursday, January 8, 2009 - 10:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

marina, karen and I leave north carolina tomorrow afternoon. we'll be over for a visit with you and the donks early next week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian* * * * (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4277) on Friday, January 9, 2009 - 6:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

On our last visit we took plenty of carrots and then still ran out. Thanks Marina we hope to visit again later this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7028) on Friday, January 9, 2009 - 9:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bon Dia, Marina! It was so nice to see you again while we were on island Christmas week. We loved our ride thru the Safari park, mud and all! LOL. So nice to see the donkeys happy and healthy.

We have hung our linen poster of the birds on our bedroom wall and it's beautiful.

We were happy to be able to help out with a donation this trip. I hope many more BT'ers will be able to contribute what they can even if they don't have the forture of being on island to visit your wonderful sanctuary.

Here is a pic of the fellas/gals enjoying the apples we brought to them on Christmas Eve day. Ayo. Carole

donkeys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs - aka Jeanine! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7426) on Friday, January 9, 2009 - 10:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will be there in May!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cinda (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, January 9, 2009 - 8:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i love donkeys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cinda (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, January 9, 2009 - 8:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

my trip to the donkey sanctuary was the most fun i have had by myself for years. i love these guys and plan to visit again soon.checkout my donkey pics on facebook-they are hilarious - cinda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marina melis (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

THANK YOU CAROL IT WAS NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR $$$ DONATION , SO FAR TILL NOW 4BT'S GIVE A DONATION , WE ARE VERY HAPPY FOR THAT , NICE NOSES FROM HAPPY DONKEYS AND ME
A BIG DONKEY HUG FOR THE ONE'S WHO ARE HELPING
MARINA AND 407 4 LEGGED FRIENDS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #797) on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 11:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Marina, We'll be down in three more weeks and we'll pay a visit too to see the donkeys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eileen Mcfarren (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 1:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marina,
Do you have an interest or need of volunteers for the donkeys? My 11 year old is interested..

Eileen

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration