BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: December 15 Announcement
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives - 2008: December 15 Announcement
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Johnson, Massage Hut-Sorobon Beach (BonaireTalker - Post #55) on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 1:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

On December 15 we are supposed to be getting more information about our integration with the Netherlands. Is that date still valid, and if so, how will the details be conveyed? Also, do we have a sense as to which issues will be addressed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bas Noij (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #307) on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 7:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In may it was already decided that 15 december will not be the date of starting the new situation. There is no official new date although it is expected to be somewhere in 2010. On the first of january our new commissioner Henk Kamp will start. His new office/departement will be officially opened next tuesday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #273) on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 8:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And I believe each of the BES islands (Bonaire, Statia, and Saba) will have the opening of the Dutch office on each island, which is to help with the future integration. Bonaire's office is slated for a grand opening on Tuesday, if I'm not mistaken. Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bas Noij (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #308) on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 11:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

As far as I know the office will be on Bonaire and the department (and the commissioner) will work for all three BES islands from this office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Johnson, Massage Hut-Sorobon Beach (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 1:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great! Thanks for the update! Looking forward to being back on Bonaire in 2 weeks. It's 9 degrees here in MN and I have had a wiped out sick with a cold for 5 days now! Enough!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration