BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Shopping at Littman's
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives - 2008: Shopping at Littman's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gross (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 5:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I've been into Littman's, and actually discussed buying a watch there, but I told the salesperson that I'd rather have a trip to Bonaire, which cost the same as the watch. Now I do plan to buy a watch, somewhere. Does anyone know about Littman's prices? Buying jewelry in the Caribbean used to make sense, but there are fewer duties nowadays, so...???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13862) on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 6:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Larry, I got a watch off Steve Littman years ago. He was lower then in the states. If you know the mod, price, here, then when you go to Bon, you have a baseline to work with.

I saved $700.00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By K I V ~ Kobi In Virginia (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9130) on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 7:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Husband owns 5 watches that he has purchased there; all of them Citizen dive watches. I think he still just has two wrists though :-)

NICE people and we try to visit the owner each time we visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3475) on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 7:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You will save on the sales tax at the very least. I had clients buy Rolex's there. They were happy with their price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom C. (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #8487) on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 9:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

A few years back one of my clients also bought a Rolex there. A few weeks prior to our trip, he had bought one for each of his sons in Manhattan. When showing me his, he said he wished he had known of Littman's earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Larry,

Im the Watchmaker for Littman Jewelers. At our store you can count on spending 15%-20% less than US prices. If you have any more questions feel free to message me directly.

Steve C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5580) on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 10:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Steve just want to say Hi...we bought our wedding rings at your store along with many other wonderful collections! (I know you remember us!)
Steve goes out of his way to help you in finding what you are looking for.
We go to Bonaire twice a year and always visit Littman's.
Thanks again for the pearls you showed us this year...!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5581) on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 10:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ahh after looking at your profile...are you Steve's son?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3463) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Steve's son is Adam...Steve C is the Rolex trained watch maker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6987) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 11:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does Jewel of Bonaire also carry watches in addition to their gorgeous jewelry? Lots of one of a kind pieces made by the owner. I get into lots of trouble at Jewel of Bonaire every time we go to Bonaire! I receive more compliments and inquiries on my purchases from everyone who sees what I am wearing. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Tink**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7658) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 1:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole, I also get in a lot of trouble at Jewel of Bonaire...lol!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5582) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 2:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Michael!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicnac (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 3:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I bought a beautiful white gold eagle ray pendant at Jewel last September and it has received compliments every single time I have worn it, including a couple from complete strangers. They have some lovely things.

Hello, btw! First post, long time lurker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 6:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for clearing that up Michael.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T.** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3560) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 6:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love Jewel Of Bonaire! I have 2 hand made pieces, a filligree sand dollar pendant, and a silver sea horse set onto gold coral. I receive compliments on both pieces. The back of the sea horse pendant had a rough spot that would catch on sweathers, so I brought it back this year and asked that the rough spot be ground down. He ground down the rough spot, polished the piece, and replaced the lost backing for one of my sand dollar earrings, all for $7 US. Try to find that followup service here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T.** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3561) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 6:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh - and not to take anything away from Littman's watch guy! We brought my husband's dive watch into Littman's watch repair shop, to get a battery replaced. That young man tried every which way to find a battery to fit, but just didn't have the right size. But the effort he made to make us happy was above and beyond!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo Mayer (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 8:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Buying at LittmanĀ“s is a joy..Visitng Bonaire one must pay a visit there..

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration