BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: How is Bonaire holding up today?
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives - 2008: How is Bonaire holding up today?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cindy Jaeger (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 8:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How are things in Bonaire this a.m. re: Omar?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harrie Cox (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #527) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 10:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

busy, very busy.

Its is raining heavy, strong winds, from the wrong direction (our houses are not build to these conditions.)
Water comes in everywhere,
Just mopping and mopping.

Harrie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick****Tink*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7148) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 10:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

cindy, go here

http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/36/379325.html?1224081891

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3396) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 6:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

the island is out and about at 4 PM. Lisa Gas had massive lines. I drove South past Pink Beach. Lot's of beach rubble in the street. I would say all will be well for diving in a few days. Town is lively and happening with folks exploring and shopping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bonaire Beach Condo ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1711) on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 6:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

According to Windguru
http://windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=56
an easterly normal wind pattern should resume late Friday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #766) on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 7:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The wind pattern is less than normal ... I would call that no wind at all ... normal is wind of at least 10 knots

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve Schunk (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 10:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we are due to arrive in late Nov. Does anyone have news about the conditions at Divi of the dive docks, lockers, condo rooms next to the dive shop, after the storm? Thanks.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #249) on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 11:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Steve... see the link Boat Chick posted above.

The south pier and timeshare pier are gone. The tanning pier is fine. The beach is piled with rubble but I heard Divi staff talking about starting to clean it tomorrow.

The dive pier is there and seems sound but the lockers are gone. Condo (timeshare) rooms should be fine. People were in and around them today as normal (sitting at the pool, etc).

One of the dive boats is gone.

I posted several pics in the thread linked above.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration