BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Don't Miss This While On Bonaire!
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives - 2008: Don't Miss This While On Bonaire!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #383) on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 3:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just wanted to let everyone in on something..... especially all you lucky individuals who will be soon arriving on Bonaire.

We discovered this little tidbit of information on our last trip, and I just have to pass it on.

On Sunday afternoon - every Sunday afternoon - around 5:00 PM, it is advised to show up at Michael Gaynor's Chat 'n Browse, in front of the SandDollar.

Why?

Because every Sunday at 5:00 PM, our illustrious Colonel Sanders wantabe holds court for a couple of hours.

That's right, Ruth of KFC fame sits at a table and graces us with her wit, charm, and advice. And believe me, you won't hear anything like it anywhere else on the island.

She will sit for hours (or as long as the Polars last) and discuss everything of non-importance that anyone could possibly dream up. And not only will she discuss it, but she will solve it if it's a problem, advise on it when not asked, and correct anyone who defers with her "opinion."

Yes, it's a fun time.

But all of this fun comes with a price. All attendees MUST drink lots of beer. But don't worry, Ruth usually buys.

So, on the next Sunday that you are Bonaire, stop by Chat 'n Browse around 5:00 PM and have a seat. You'll leave much more enlightened.

And if you're lucky, Ruth may throw you some left over chicken bones. Or maybe she'll let you kiss her ring.....

But I will guarantee this: You will have a good time. Don't miss it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13110) on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 3:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you build it, they will come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #936) on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 4:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Dave. I do mean well with the opinion thing--it just saves everyone a lot of time once they're on the right track...
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #384) on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 4:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth,

We had a blast that Sunday. Terrific way to start our trip.

I did notice, though, that when you went to Atlanta, Jan made sure to hold court in your absence..... didn't seem to be as many "subjects" that day, but I imagine it was much more intense.....

Read the "book" yet? BTW: I just rewrote everything I sent you.

How's the drive thru working out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #937) on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's very intense these days.....I'm averaging 3 migraines per week. Like right now. They suck, because they cut into Polar time. And they really hurt. Blah.

PS-no, didn't read the "book" yet-so resend the rewrite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13119) on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 8:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sorry to read that the migraines are still around Ruth. I'll be there in Jan with meds, might help?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration