BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Is it hot or what?
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives - 2008: Is it hot or what?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Zavon (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Friday, September 5, 2008 - 3:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Something seems odd here. Current weather at the airport

http://www.weather.an/index.asp

is 29 C/85 F. But don't bother looking at the current conditions page, it's the weather for June 27. LOL.

But at Weather Underground

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=bon&wuSelect=WEATHER

reporting from Eden Beach the temp is 33C/92F. and the heat index (I'm not making this up) is 78C/ 173 F!!

I knew it felt hotter than normal. LOL! Time to get in the water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *joe brannan* (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #524) on Friday, September 5, 2008 - 9:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's ok....the webcams (All the Webcams at Eden Beach and Weather Too) show the relative humidity at 128%. I actually googled to see if humidity could exceed 100% and it can but it said "just barely".....

So it's gonna be a billion degrees and monstrously humid next week when I go.

I'll have the broiled chicken

Beelzeboob (the pretty brother of Fabio)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3298) on Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 9:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The heat index has been hovering around 124-129 for days....

Timmy needed oven mitts Monday to drive his car..the steering wheel was on fire...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Boat Chick**** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6669) on Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 11:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

see, i was right...i have been telling people that bonaire is HOT...lol...Ann, 124-129??? o...m...g...i would literally die...

joe, sounds like you will just have to put the chicken on the steering wheel to cook it...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPatrick (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #243) on Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOW - I have never been to Bonaire during the time of wind stoppage or direction change that occurs, and after this post I am not sure that I want to, that's HOT. I shutter to think what my WEB bill will be this month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3301) on Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 2:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have to say, it was tough the last week or so..I could not handle it well...thank goodness I have AC for nights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmmy- Bonairian Bottom Dweller - LIVE (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6009) on Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 4:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I must say living in Florida has trained me well for heat tolerance here - Yes it's hot, but it's a dry heat.

;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Bonaire Condo ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1657) on Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 4:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yea, it was hot, but there's always a big ocean to jump in to! And in a lot of spots if you drop down to 90 feet or so you'll hit a thermocline where it drops to a refreshing temp of about 80F degrees.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I love vacations!! (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 5:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree with Ann,normally I can handle it real well,but the last 2 weeks.....OMG,unbelieveble sooooo hot,Really Happy With my AC at night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy (244 DTG) cya at Lac Bay May 10th (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2421) on Sunday, September 7, 2008 - 3:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll be hoping that May keeps up the tradition of being a windy month.

I have got Kralendijk on my MSN weather link and yesterday it was showing 32 degrees C FEELS LIKE 48 degrees C !!!!

Hope to meet up with you at JC Ann, thats where my windsurf package is :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1529) on Sunday, September 7, 2008 - 9:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

remember, bonaire is only 3 miles from the sun...yep, it can get hot....right kelly????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil the Bee (BonaireTalker - Post #54) on Sunday, September 7, 2008 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What on earth is the heat index? it sounds as bad as the wind-chill factor. Maybe the same in reverse?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration