BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Southerner looking to put together Crew for Carnival
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives - 2008: Southerner looking to put together Crew for Carnival
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vickie Jernigan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 9:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
I'm from the south and love Mardi Gras so I am looking to put together a Crew for this years Carnival and all local parades, if you are interested please give me a shout!! Thank you!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3183) on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 10:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Vickie,

Welcome soon. Our Carnival is very low key. I have seen Carnival in Antigua, Sint Maarten and St. Kitts and find ours the most low key/mellow. There are some parades and some culture. It's quite nicely done and great fun for all. It is not a wild baccanalia as in Trini or Rio from what I can gather. You will find lots of folks to party with in a low key kind of way if that makes any sense?

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vickie Jernigan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Ann,
Very true, maybe a Carnival party with friends is best. Carnival here is fine, the way it is.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration