BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Road Construction
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives - 2008: Road Construction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grunt, 27 days and I'm there! (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #609) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have heard of road construction on A.J.Abraham from Cactus Blue north. If this is true, is the road still drivable? Any projected finish date? I am staying at a place along there at the end of April. Thanks for any updates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3126) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's a mess but you can pass through for local traffic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #555) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 7:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi
Can anyone tell me if the road construction is related to the sewer work? I didn't really pay attention last year but I seem to remember large pipe laying around.
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7011) on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 10:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

When I was there in February, it appeared that they are making that road much narrower, most likely a one way with nice red brick sidewalks on the side. I had read somewhere that it will be a one way road after construction is complete, but I can't remember now where I read that, maybe the BR?

Can anyone confirm this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire #10) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #607) on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I do not believe that the sewer lines are being installed. I had read that Bonaire was looking for bids for the construction costs. I do remember seeing drainage pipes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2979) on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 8:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The road will be one way only on the Northern portion. It should have been done months ago but is right on target for island time! Wish it was for the sewers but alas not as yet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grunt, 27 days and I'm there! (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #610) on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Knowing a bit about island time, is there such a thing as a projected completion date, or are the two terms mutually exclusive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian mccarley (BonaireTalker - Post #74) on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nah, actually, as in many civil works jobs elsewhere; ie, the States...just about the time the last paver is set in place sewer installation will begin and the road will be taken out again.
Who needs to drive anyway.
They did install a storm drain system / or partially installed it

Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6634) on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 4:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Exactly which strip of the road will be one way? How does one negotiate back "down" to points below the "one way" start?

i.e.....how will we get back to our home base at the Divi from uptown? LOL. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Bonaire Bound in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5673) on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 4:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great question Carole! I was envisioning having to go back out by the soccer stadium and take that route south. I'd love to know where exactly the construction begins and ends. Also, is the road one way all of the time or only when they are working?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1535) on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In Oct. we just went one street east, to go south, and had no problems. Won't be long Tribs!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration