BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Using tap water
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives - 2008: Using tap water
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1191) on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just read the article about recycling water bottles by filling them up with Bonaire's tap water on the BonaireInsider.
Excellent idea !
The water from the tap is delicious and we could all help to leave Bonaire a little less cluttered.
This can save you a few dollars too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Natalie S (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #103) on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 10:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Even better, bring your own bottle/bottles with you from home and take it back home again after you leave. I bring a Lexan wide mouth 1 litre bottle. On the flight down I fill it with granola bars for the week to save on packing space.

(Message edited by natalie_s on March 5, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer Parmley (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 11:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last year we stayed at the Divi and the tap water was horrible. We ended up having to buy bottled water. Does anyone know if this is still true?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Bonaire Bound in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5492) on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 12:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry to hear that Jennifer. I have never heard of any one having bad tap water unless there was something going on with the lines. Hopefully someone will chime in about Divi. We buy a bottle of water for the flights there and then refill while on island. We also refill our 2-liter soda bottles with water and use them as rinse bottles after a dive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rona (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 7:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last year, the Divi water did have a bad taste at times. GOOD NEWS though, I went to the Chibi Chibi for lunch last Friday and learned from the manager that they have recently redone the entire system (some type of reverse osmosis system, I believe). I did in fact drink the water and it tastes great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #723) on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 8:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Don't forget to take Crystal Lite. We make a picture and freeze some in our water bottles for something different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan - www.bsdme.info (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #548) on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 6:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Check out this link for more about the water and other items of interest.
http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/771/354147.html?1204798640

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer Parmley (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 11:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the information about the Divi. Looking forward to drinking great tasting tap water when we are there in June.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1474) on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 6:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We bring a six-pack of empty water bottles in our check on bags, and bring them home with us, along with our used batteries. If your not part of the solution, then your part of the problem... Ron

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration