BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Cell phone for 90 days
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-07-01 to 2007-12-31: Cell phone for 90 days
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By henk wallace donaldson (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 11:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have some friends arriving who need a cell phone for 90 days.
The usual $75 for 2 weeks will not work for them.
Any other options available??
Thanks,
Henk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #524) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 3:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Would a prepaid card be an option? Are they available on Bonaire?
The last 4 years my cell phone from Holland works on Bonaire.
Before that I bought a cheap one for $ 50 which worked on Bonaire

(Message edited by bpsmits on December 19, 2007)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MadMan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #159) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 4:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

talk to Michael at the chat'n browse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs visiting Becky in January! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5237) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 8:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I second Michael at Chat'n Browse. He is absolutely wonderful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPat (BonaireTalker - Post #74) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 6:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I third it, Michael will either help them or send them to someone who will.

http://www.chatnbrowse.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By henk wallace donaldson (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My thanks to all.
We will give the visitors one of our 2 phones and they can buy the cards; MIO.
$75 for 2 weeks for only 90 minutes was the quote they got; ouch!
Henk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2816) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 8:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

you,ve got mail...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandra Swanson (BonaireTalker - Post #82) on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last year my TracFone worked on Bonaire. They are cheap and you can put as much pre paid time as needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Connie (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Monday, December 24, 2007 - 9:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My US-based Verizon phone worked on Bonaire in May 2007. I have no idea what the international charges would be, but there could be something you could arrange with VerizonWireless before leaving the States, if that is your provider.

Chat n Browse has always been a travel favorite of ours, too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angie Ohlson (BonaireTalker - Post #55) on Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 2:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Charges with Verizon are 1.29/min. & .50 for text msgs. I just received my bill for the 2 weeks down there- nx time I will use Chat n Browse cheaper than what I paid with Verizon..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lamar (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In the recent years, 2 way radios have become extremely powerful and inexpensive. I know they are limited due to the fact that you can only speak with the person who has the other radio (or 3 or 4) and others can listen in if they also have a radio with the same frequency. The good things about them is the new models fit in the palm of your hand, are rechargeable and many have a 2 mile range. I think they go for between $60 and $120 USD and there is never a monthly bill. Limited, but still useful.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration