BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Tennis Pro?
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-07-01 to 2007-12-31: Tennis Pro?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gallus50 (BonaireTalker - Post #42) on Thursday, November 8, 2007 - 2:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm a diver, but an even more serious tennis player. My husband just had a cortisone shot for a sore elbow and will be unable to play while we are on island from 11/18 - 11/16. (Doctor said to take a month off.)

We're staying at Sand Dollar. Does anyone know of a pro I could hit with for an hour?

If there is a regular group that plays - men or women - and they need a sub, I could possibly get in on that, as long as it doesn't take too much time away from diving.

I'm a USTA 4.0 player.

Thanks. Carol M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde [Moderator] (Moderator - Post #548) on Thursday, November 8, 2007 - 3:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carol, I'm going to move this to Local Items as you will most likely get a better response there. I do know that there are tennis clubs on Bonaire. Good luck and have a great trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7664) on Thursday, November 8, 2007 - 4:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carol, contact: http://www.harbourvillage.com/html04/tennis.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #774) on Thursday, November 8, 2007 - 7:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Talk to the pro, Elisabeth, at Harbor Village, once you're on island. There's quite a hard-core tennis community here (they play mostly at night, 6-10pm-ish)--if you drink beer, you'll fit in even better. There's no official "league" scheduled playing like in the US; the informality is part of the island charm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2062) on Thursday, November 8, 2007 - 8:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for chiming in Ruth!

Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #775) on Friday, November 9, 2007 - 11:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I should know...one of my kinder nick-names for my husband is 'tennis-whore' (he'll do just about anything to support his tennis habit).
;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #142) on Friday, November 9, 2007 - 11:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Ruth,

What's one of your NOT so kinder nick-names for Jan??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #776) on Friday, November 9, 2007 - 3:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Probably similar to the ones Leslie uses for you...not exactly BT-printable friendly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick aka Pollyana aka Kini (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3643) on Friday, November 9, 2007 - 7:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gee, now I know why Michael calls me a dive whore...lol!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #319) on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tennis Pro? Why yes, yes I am! May I give you a game?

Why yes!

Let me tell you all about it now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3185) on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 8:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carol you can ignore Jon, he's generally nuts, or plotzed, or both.

Now I want to be able to say tennis whore in Dutch. Ruth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gallus50 (BonaireTalker - Post #43) on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 8:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jon probably knows that when a woman plays tennis 4 or 5 times a week, she's fit.

In other words, we're hot! (Not to mention modest....)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #777) on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 10:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Seb--the TW is still asleep, after a long weekend playing in Aruba (Bonaire brought home 14 trophies; not him though, thank goodness-those things are hideous!).
;-)

This is enough already though--I'm gonna go kick some butt--it's 10:30!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #778) on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 6:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Seb--Get this: TW says it's Tennis Hore in Dutch. I think he's messin' w/me though...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MadMan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #158) on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 4:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hore = Hoer, like in ouwehoer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Hoyer (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 1:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

HI
We will be in Bonaire the first week of December and would be interested in playing tennis. We will be staying at the Belmar. Are there courts in that area and how do we hook up with other tennis players?

Jay

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration