BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: WASTE WATER 2 VIDEO
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-07-01 to 2007-12-31: WASTE WATER 2 VIDEO
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6132) on Saturday, October 6, 2007 - 6:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is Sean Paton's latest film footage regarding the Waste Water issue. If you'll recall, there were prior clips on YouTube on waste water and the landfill, etc.

The plant building/construction contract has been signed but it appears some work/additional temporary resolution discussion needs to be done prior to the waste water treatment plant's actual opening in approximately five years.

This footage was taken very recently. I understand there will be more clips added, as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztsJi4WlEVs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6133) on Saturday, October 6, 2007 - 7:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is a positive update clip on the landfill, also. It's always nice to see good news happening!! cb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUeYn7d2qlA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #464) on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 5:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for posting Carole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1091) on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 6:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for posting Carole. I believe this is Bonaire's most important issue to resolve. I thought I read an article last week in Amigoe that shifted the blame for the dumping from Freewinds to the company they contracted with on Bonaire to remove the waste.
Maybe someone can clarify for me; it seems that Freewinds is always on Bonaire. Why is that and who is being paid for it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #181) on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 8:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good work Sean.

Although the Freewinds are not the only problem as far as waste water is concerned, there is no reason why Freewinds should be allowed to add to the problem.

Apart from a few charity concerts, they contribute nothing except to attach a stigma to Bonaire that leads people to believe that the Government is in some way condoning the crazy world of Scientology.

This dangerous cult who's only aim is to mislead the public into parting with their money should be banned from Bonaire.

I suggest that the people who live on Bonaire start a petition for there refusal to dock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By barbara graham (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 3:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, folks!
Greetings from sunny California, home of cults, nuts, flakes, and grains. I've studied Scientology for about a decade now, and I can answer some questions.
Why is the Freewinds in Bonaire? Here is an affidavit from a Freewinds architect who was assigned to work on renovating the ship:
http://www.lermanet2.com/scientology/LawrenceWoodcraftAsbestos.htm

Apparently this vessel is insulated with Blue Asbestos, a very dangerous form of the molecule. Exposure can cause permanent lung damage, emphysema and death. No U.S. port would permit a death ship like this in our waters.

The Scientologists love the Antilles. When high level members are around, local politicians are treated to fancy dinners and events aboard. That, along with all the lies about the "help" the cult offers makes for a friendly association between local government and Scientology. Now, before you think I am slamming your government, have a look at this similar situation in Florida, where Scientology took over an entire town:
http://home.tampabay.rr.com/sp/FLA.html

This is how they do it, folks! Friendly, smiling salesmen types schmooze with local government, establishing warm and fuzzy feelings all round.

As mentioned, they don't do much other than stuff that doesn't cost them anything. Got musicians? Let's put on a show for the natives! It's like their drug detox and "disaster response" teams. Fraud. Bogus. Lies.

So, have a look at which politicians are rubbing elbones with the Scientology bunch in Bonaire. Expose them, and you expose Scientology as well.

http://www.xenu.net has just about everything you need to know about Scientology, the organization.

Once you have a basic understanding of the motivation and characteristics of this destructive cult, you should be able to identify the politicos who are enabling this, and destroy them in the media arena.

Or you can wait thirty years until the asbestos they've inhaled on their Freewinds visits kicks in. They'll be tottering about trailing oxygen cannisters, and not terribly happy about the source of their ailment.

cheers,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6143) on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 4:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, absolutely fascinating information contained within these links.

I surfed all of them and did a "google" on Woodcraft, too, and located another "board" with postings about the asbestos situation. One entry stated a writer had notified the Antillian authorities of the possible asbestos condition and that they authorities contracted some experts to test the air on the ship, etc. and ventilation system and declared it was "clean". No reference to inspecting behind the walls or in the ceilings, etc., however.....

I wonder if any of the contaminent can be carried within their water system or bilge tanks? Can any of this asbestos make its way into what is being pumped onto the island of Bonaire??

More questions.....cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6144) on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 4:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here's the page and thread I was referring to in my last post. Scroll down to the 8-22-07 3:45 posting for the details on the inspection. cb

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=22573&sid=a867b12e3385194b7256bc9a6ddd26f7

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #691) on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 5:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, thanks for the extra information about the Freewinds.
There was a discussion with politicians quite some years ago, mid 90s, when the red party was in power. The answer at that time : We are tolerant here on the island, we believe in freedom for all churches....
At the time we replied that in many European countries it is not considered a Church, but a dangerous anti-democratic organisation - that made no impression at all (the discussion was with Silberie + Beukenboom).
One of the reasons that this ship comes to the Netherlands Antilleas is also that a number of islands linked to the UK and France just simply don't allow them to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By barbara graham (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 7:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would like to add something about the strategy used by Scientology to distract and divert attention away from the real issues.

"The answer at that time : We are tolerant here on the island, we believe in freedom for all churches.... "

Yes. The problem is, it's not a religious issue, it's a matter of the abuse of people and the law.
Scientologists are very slick at making any criticism an issue of "religious intolerance." However, if you get the religious issue argument, please point out that it's nothing to do with belief, and everything to do with behavior.

In the realm of Scientology criticism, we feel it is of utmost importance to immediately separate the religious from the secular behavior of this cult. Don't even let that "religious persecution" issue get a toe-hold.

Force the politicians to focus on the real issue here, the polluting of fresh water sources which will inevitably find its way to the surf and coastal waters. My father was in charge of the water and sewage department here in San Diego. He once went to Montserrat for the World Health Organization, where he helped build a new hospital. Since buried in ash, I might add. I've learned a lot about this from osmosis, and added to it by being interested in clean water issues.

One thing I didn't mention is that you should google "fair game." If the cult decides to go after people who are opposed to their disgusting, polluting practices, they might be subject to cult harassment. They might think they can get away with this kind of behavior in a place like Bonaire, but you're all online so the battle is mostly won.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6145) on Sunday, October 7, 2007 - 9:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, how did you come upon Bonaire Talk? I see your initial posting was your first. Are you a diver? Ever been to Bonaire? Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff (BonaireTalker - Post #74) on Monday, October 8, 2007 - 2:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole,

What really got me hooked on learning to dive was seeing a baracuda hit a nice little fish about 6 feet in front of me. The only thing left was the head sinking to the bottom. My first thought was: "Nice shooting". The same thought came to me regarding your last post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6146) on Monday, October 8, 2007 - 2:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jeff, YGM. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #182) on Monday, October 8, 2007 - 4:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am glad that there are others out there who are aware of this seedy little cult.

It is true that the Freewinds is a floating asbestos dump. When it was purchased for scrap value by Ron L Hubbard it was only after the previous owner had circumnavigated the globe to find someone willing to scrap it. Nobody would.

After Ron Hubbard tried in vain to get the vessel refitted, he used the services of his own members. Scientologists that were joiners, electricians, plumbers etc worked away while young "volunteers" without protective clothing merrily watered down the deadly asbestos dust.

Of course, as a Scientologist, "you can only become ill if you want to".

Great stuff.

(Message edited by Bondy on October 8, 2007)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6155) on Tuesday, October 9, 2007 - 1:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It appears this topic is all over the Internet at this point. Ran across this site (one of many) a few moments ago. I believe this site might have answered my own question from an earlier post, as well. If I'm not mistaken I think this is how you came upon Bonaire Talk, right Barbara?

There are some interesting bits of information in the posts. I found it interesting to read about all the different types of "water", what each is called and what each is comprised of, etc. Educational. cb

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/browse_thread/thread/23ad1543d20bd660/15cfb8e18695fb74?hl=en#

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #467) on Tuesday, October 9, 2007 - 1:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for the link Carole. Very interesting indeed. I read the dump did not only come from the Freewind, but also from KLM and households.

Thanks to all the publicity there are now talks to install a filtering system cleaning the water so that it can be used for irrigation.

Hope that does not take to long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6156) on Tuesday, October 9, 2007 - 2:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bob, did you get a chance to view the video on the progress with the Landfill, too? It shows a lot of improvement and progress with the solid waste on Bonaire. Good to hear!

I had not heard about KLM or the filtering system to clean the water for irrigation. Thanks for the information. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #468) on Tuesday, October 9, 2007 - 3:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole, yes I watched the video which gives the impression improvements are made.

Although I can't say that the video's give an in depth view of the situation and the improvements.

Sean Paton and Hendrik Wuyts do an excellent job though in addressing bad situations and making the public aware of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6167) on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 1:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Bonaire Reporter has a small featured article in this week's edition on the Waste Water and Landfill situation and also makes reference to Sean Paton's newest video/update on the situation(s).

It really seems to all be falling into place slowly but surely...one step at a time. Quite a difference from when Joe and I first spoke to the government authorities back in 2000 regarding the possibility and need for a future waste water treatment plant on Bonaire, etc. Joe is an operator at a local plant in NJ so we are both very aware of what is involved and the importance of this processing plant and Bonaire's future. In 2000 the authorities advised us there were "plans" for the future....well, I guess the "future" is finally arriving for Bonaire...slowly but surely.

If you have not yet viewed Sean's latest clips go to the two links in the first two postings on this thread.

The first clip/link is the waste water situation at present and the second link is an update (good news, too!) on the landfill.

Good work all around! Carole

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration