BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: 2008 Bonaire holidays
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-07-01 to 2007-12-31: 2008 Bonaire holidays
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Myers (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #502) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 5:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone have a list of dated for local holidays in 2008? I am looking for the dates of the upcoming Harvest Festival and the Queens' birthday/Rincon Days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4536) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Queens day is always April, 30th (the birthday of our former Queen Juliana).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Myers (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #503) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 7:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have stayed at a place next to Richard's restaurant for the last two years. There is a celebration/block party at the fish house on the other side of Richard's that has a band with many singers that starts about 8PM and lasts until about 2AM. I remember is as being a harvest festival. I would like to book my vacation to avoid that party. Damn, I am getting old!!

(Message edited by grunt on August 25, 2007)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2710) on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 7:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Doue Diaz will use any excuse for a Party..Dis di San Juan, Dia di San Pedro..he celebrates them all...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Myers (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #505) on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 9:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thinking this over, I am there to dive. A night dive as the party starts, a late dinner, and then go next door and join the festivities. A perceived problem could turn into a good time .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Back from the O.C.aka RosAnne (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1710) on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 1:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There you go Ron, I like your thinking!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration