BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: East Coast Eco Resort...
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-07-01 to 2007-12-31: East Coast Eco Resort...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Melissa E Keyes (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 7:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Near Lac Bay. Is this to be private, like a hotel, or will units be available to buy?

Mm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5781) on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 7:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Melissa, we might need a little more info. There was a development in the works over by Lac Bay. It was very controversial and I believe it was canceled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Melissa E Keyes (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 8:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The below was posted at the bottom of the 'room temperature' subject. Amongst places to stay out East. --I would probably like to stay East, to get away from the hustle and bussel of Kralendijk, LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The owner of Sorobon and those of KONTIKI (Martin and Miriam) have formed a joint venture to build an ECO resort behind Kontiki and behind the three villas with a MASSIVE understanding of environmental issues and impact assesment and full waste treatment and fully sympathetic to the locale. At the same time Mosquito Village sprung up at the turning to Sorobon at the end of the Long Road which has been cancelled and should never have been put there in the first place. The Bonaire Reporter has covered the saga in plenty of detail suffice to say that Dolf and Martin's Eco Resort has been delayed under the same criticism as Mosquito Village but has recently had RAMSA and STINAPA and World Hertiage impact assesment of the plans and is likely to proceed (so we understand).

This will place another 40 units on the east coast most of which will be available for rental but it is most likely that this will be the last and ONLY development permitted on that side of the island. Golf Course still on paper, hotel school still on paper and all the other ideas on how to fill every available space of the island !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #994) on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 9:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Milissa, By all means you would want to stay away from the hussle and bussle of Kralendijk! That city is so busy THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE STOP LIGHT! If you wish to dive you may want to stay on the leward side of the Island as that is where most of the shore divable sites will be found. Most of the food stores are also on the west shore. Where ever you stay your visit to Bonaire will be one to remember... Ron

(Message edited by ronindiana on August 1, 2007)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Melissa E Keyes (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 9:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Heeheehee! I lived on my boat on a mooring in Bonaire for three summers! Total of nearly a year on Bonaire.

I do think of downtown Kralendijk as having a lot of activity and noise! And a twenty minute drive is a loooong way, groan.

I've been in the Caribbean most of my conscious life, since the seventies, and mostly on St Croix since 1988.

Cheers,

Mm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #843) on Friday, August 3, 2007 - 7:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The new place at the Kontiki has not been started as yet. And with island time it may be awhile before it is up and running. Try the Kontiki its self they have several studios and condos for rent. Go to www. bonaireinfo.com and click on accommodations and the find the Kontiki site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Melissa E Keyes (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Friday, August 3, 2007 - 1:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration