BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Ordering a Dell Laptop
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-07-01 to 2007-12-31: Ordering a Dell Laptop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank E - moving to Bon 28/7 (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 4:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I will be moving to Bonaire later this month :-)
Unfortunately the laptop I would like to order is still not available in the Netherlands, so I am thinking about ordering it from my new home.
Has anyone experience with ordering a Dell laptop from the Curacao office of Dell? Or should I order it directly from the US? What about customs?
Thanx for your help!
Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2798) on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 8:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is no duty on computer equipment or so I am told but you pay OB ya??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #147) on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Frank, if you order from the States, the order may be held up if some of the software you choose is not able to be exported out of the United States. I believe this is one of the reasons they suggest you order from the local office, so that you can rest assured you would not be in violation of any export agreements.

Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank E - moving to Bon 28/7 (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 9:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, Susan, thank you for your help. I will just have to wait until 'my' model will be available in the Curacao-office. In the mean time its countdown-time for me.
Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt III - www.RecTekScuba.com (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #353) on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 5:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Frank Order out of Puerto Rico it is usually cheaper than Bonaire or Curacao.

http://www1.la.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=an&l=en&s=gen&~ck=cr

Have done so twice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2681) on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 6:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Why not order it from the Dell Dealer on Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank E - moving to Bon 28/7 (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 3:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, Walt,
Thank you for your remarks.
Michael, I didnt know there was a dealer on the island! In Europe Dell chose a businessmodell without dealers, you can only buy their products directly from their office, either online or by phone. They claim that this makes their prices compatitive. As soon as I am on the island I will look into it and compare prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2682) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 9:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Flamingo ICT is the official Dell Dealer and warrantee center on Bonaire. When you arrive, you can talk to them about what they can order, etc.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration