BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Tv channels..Internet
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-06-30: Tv channels..Internet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KJ (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 9:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone have the slingbox to watch their programs from home? Is it clear and audible or fuzzy?

Would it be better to invest in one or just buy the local cable network?

I love sports but I don't know if Flamingo or TDS will cover the NBA, MLB or NFL games.

Please help.

--kj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech/Bonaire Insider (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6140) on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 9:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It all depends on your Internet connection on Bonaire and the one you have back in the U.S. We have a Slingbox at my in-laws in NH, and watch it here, and it's not bad - we get about a 360Kbps download (rate limited in NH apparently). Not good enough for a full screen display, but sufficient for a window on your PC with your program.

Jake

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration