BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Sofa Bed needed
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-06-30: Sofa Bed needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 4:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everyone. My husband and I are going to visit Bonaire this summer and we would like to bring two of our friends who are an unmarried couple. The house we are renting has only two bedrooms (we've rented it before) and the couch is only a loveseat. They will not be coming if we cannot figure out a separate sleeping arrangement for each (i.e. they are not going to share a bed). So, I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I could get a sofa bed for 11 days or if you have any other bright ideas for a solution?

Thanks!
Karen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Hibdige, Lac Bay Villa (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hiya - What dates (approx) will you be needing this ??? We have a spare futon that can look like a sofa that might be available !!! But I can't vouch for any comfort LOL

Trevor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 4:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, it is in the first part of August. I'm trying to find if the owner will allow us to do this first. We want to rent a house we would get anyway but invite some friends in case they wanted to come - we are paying the rent either way. We are all Christians and they don't want to sleep together before they get married. A shame if we won't be able to invite them because it's not allowed. i'll let you know what happens, appreciate your offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8532) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 5:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

can always do girls in one room and boys in the other.. OR perhaps you can purchase an air mattress on island...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, since my husband and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary, I think we will selfishly keep one room for ourselves! :-) Air mattress is a good idea if they are the kind that are like a bed when they are inflated. do you know where they are sold for sure in bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4679) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Make them get married B-4 the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 5:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

<make>

That's what I told them ! :-) hee hee!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5271) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 7:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Karen, Take an air mattress with you as I have never seen them on island for purchase. But, maybe a better solution is to ask who you are renting from if they have an air mattress or something suitable for your situation? If not, they may know of where to get something for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Stanfield (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #117) on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 9:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Karen,

You private mail.
Also if you need an air mattress as a "back up" I have one already on the Island you can use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Hibdige, Lac Bay Villa (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 3:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be on Bonaire for August and the futon/sofa could be borrowed for a cold beer !!! You would need a pick-up as it is not light in weight.

Trevor

P.S. If you want a picture drop me an e-mail

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Hibdige, Lac Bay Villa (BonaireTalker - Post #55) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 7:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Karen

Finally worked it out...

this is a picture of the futon

Trevor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 3:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks, everybody. If our friends go, the owner said it is ok to use an air mattress. so, that is what I'm figuring on if this works out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 5:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You are all so nice! We found a different beach house we like even better (we hope, haven't stayed there before like the other one) and it has 3 BDRMS so no problem on the sleeping arrangements. Thanks again for how helpful,friendly and sweet everyone has been.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration