BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: WEB Price Decrease
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2007: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-06-30: WEB Price Decrease
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Zupek (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 6:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The following is attributable to Amigoe. Well on second thought given the copyright issue - Read todays English Amigoe - last article for details of the forthwithcoming 10% price reduction.

I wonder if WEB is becoming aware of the increasing number of commercial diesel powered private generators and is responding with this discount. I've seen quite a few BIG generators on the island - Check out Buddy Dive's power plant.

AT .60 NAFL/KWH that rate is still 10 times the price in the USA - solar and diesel become very viable even at the "new" pricing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #583) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 7:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very nice to decrease with 10% after increasing with 70% end of 2005 .....
Their politic is still : If you use something else as your main source of electricity, we don't deliver anymore ...... which means that a big property like Buddy can permit to install their own system, but who else ????
They do talk of increasing the capacity of their generator at TransWorldRadio in the South and they still talk about a wind mill park in that area ..... how much is talk , I have no idea .....

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration