BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: DELNO TROMP - NEW YORK CITY MARATHON
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2001- 2004: Archives - 2001-03-08 to 2002-10-17: DELNO TROMP - NEW YORK CITY MARATHON
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 1:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am attaching some photos of Delno Tromp who recenlty ran in the New York City Marathon (NYCM) in 4:43:59 time. It is my understanding Delno is the first Bonairean to qualify to enter the NYCM and was the only Antillean in the NYC race. I also understand that his running time over the 26.2 mile long course placed him in the top 60% of all of those who competed the race. He should be very proud to have accomplished such a feat! I believe there were approxiamtely 30,000 runners competing in this world renowned marathon race. Kudos to Delno!! What a wonderful accomplishment for him and for Bonaire, too! Congratulations and may you wear your medal proudly! Photos have been provided to me by Michael Gaynor and I will post them in his proxy! Delno is quite the handsome fella, to boot! CaroleDelno1Delno2Delno3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 2:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One more note of interest and pride...Delno is one of only three Antilleans that ran in the NY Marathon in the race's history. Bravo, Delno! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel Scharosch on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 2:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Way to go, Delno! Carole, is he married?!?!?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 3:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Delno is single at the moment

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy {Scott} on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 4:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Way to go Delno! That’s a fantastic achievement. I’m not sure I could run 2 miles let alone 26+. Great finish too! I’m sure you will be an inspiration to many on Bonaire and around the world.

Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 7:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Congratulations, Delno. That's a real accomplishment and you should be VERY proud.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration