BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Wanted: musical instruments
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2006-08-06 to 2007-01-01: Wanted: musical instruments
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2337) on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 12:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire has recently jump started a program for the youth to learn to play musical instruments. I know my parents had an attic full of clarinets, guitars, trumpets, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlotte (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 1:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've got a few surplus instruments - a trumpet, a couple of violins, probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. Who's collecting them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2340) on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 8:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The local music school has openend again and a new board has formed. I will post all the particulars next week and we can start the ball rolling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lunarlab (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 3:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Do they currently have classes? What type of music do they teach? Is it traditional orchestra? I'm curious because I'm an orchestra teacher in middle school in California. I don't really have any instruments because all of mine went to students long ago. But I hope you are able to get some equipment for the kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marilyn Mc Clain Friedrich (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 4:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have a tambourine, some primitive flutes, and some castanetas so far that hang on my music wall over the piano - would they help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2341) on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 3:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

watch for a posting for more definite info...we are asking our freight forwarder in Miami to see if they would be willing to help us with the shipping...will know more in a few days...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration