BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Bonaire Lions Club
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2006-08-06 to 2007-01-01: Bonaire Lions Club
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #208) on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 9:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am a Lion from South Carolina and would like to go to a Lion's meeting while on Bonaire in January, 2007. Does anyone know the e-mail of the President or any info on the local Lions Club?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #18739) on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 10:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi George,

If you don't get a response here, try emailing George DeSalvo at the Bonaire Reporter. They list the Lions Club Activities sometimes in the BR. I've posted before asking if I can bring anything special for the Club donations before, but haven't gotten a response. Please let me know what you find out.

Cynde

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3986) on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 3:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi George, I have a copy of the Bonaire Reporter here from Feb. when I was last there. It states that the Lions Club meets ervey 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 8pm at Kaya Sabana #1 and that all Lions are welcome. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #209) on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Cynde and Debbie. I plan to attend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #18763) on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 10:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

George, this weeks reporter has the same info. If you make any contacts, can you please let me know? I'd like to know if there are items I can bring down my next trip that they might need. My dad was a lions club member for ...something like 40 years. They sold Christmas Trees every year, as kids we would help in the lot...ahhhh...the smell of pine! That and providing eye glasses for needy kids:-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J.T. de Vries-E. (BonaireTalker - Post #41) on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 8:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
The president of Lions Club Bonaire is mr Ron Schleper. He's a police officer, so you would always be able to locate him via the police station. I called another active member and he confirmed that all Lions from all over are always welcome. And their meetings are indeed the 2nd and 4th thursday of the month. The Lion's Den is located in the old Saint Dominicus School, right behind the Church of Playa San Bernardo. I don't believe that to be Kaya Sabana #1, but everyone you may ask on the road will be able to direct you there.
Greetings,
J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 10:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

J.T. deVries, thank you for the information. I plan to attend a meeting in January.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration