BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Running in Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2006-03-01 to 2006-07-31: Running in Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tdonia (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am training for a marathon and during my trip in Bonaire I have to run 12 miles one morning (early morning!)!

I've been to Bonaire two times before and since my last AMAZING trip to the island in 2004, I've read so much about crime. Should I be concerned?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #144) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 3:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Doubtful. Bonaire doesn't have the physical crimes against people problems like Aruba, StMartin, Barbados, Antigua, etc., etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2346) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 8:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tdonia, contact me as I am training with someone on a 13k route..also if you like trail running we have a wonderful one..

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tdonia (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 9:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will contact you - thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #461) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

All I keep thinking of when reading this thread is: hot...hot....HOT!!!!!! Freakin' HOT!!!!! (But hopefully when you say early morning you mean VERY early morning!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3893) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Scott, LOL! I was thinking the same thing. It is so hot here today, I started my usual two mile walk, not run this morning and had to turn around and cut it short. There is no air out there I tell you, the heat sucked it all up! Then again, we don't have the nice trade winds that Bonaire has and that surely would make a difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Gauron (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1143) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Scott, stay inside by the AC.
ADVISORY ALSO EXTENDS INTO THE LOWER MERRIMACK VALLEY
IN NORTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS AND SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE. THE WORST OF THE HEAT AND
HUMIDITY IS EXPECTED TO BE BETWEEN 2 PM AND 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON. COULD REACH ABOVE 100.
COLD FRONT WILL BRING COOLER TEMPERATURES AND LOWER HUMIDITY TO THE
REGION LATE TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4427) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 12:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Scott, I'm with you, buddy... the first thing I thought. No way, dude. Even early morning. I would rather set my hair on fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tdonia (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 1:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I do mean, early, early, early run! I'm used to running at the beach in the morning.

Call me sick, but I do like running in hot weather... (as I am planning on running on my treadmill this afternoon because its 100 outside!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #18657) on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 10:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

tdonia...ok, you're sick...lol! I am "heat intolerant" just ask those that have seen me have a hot flash on bonaire...lol!

Mary M. and I were headed to ole' blue last Thursday...as we headed out of Hato we saw a couple riding bikes North...we looked...it was HOT...we got to Ole' Blue...dinked around...did an 80 minute dive...dinked around....took the short road back...as we were heading back around Sabadeco, we saw the same couple...riding south into Hato and just thoughgt...EEE GADSSS...!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Goodman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #371) on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 9:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i think heat tolerance is relative. My au pair is from Brazil and is loving our 90+ degree weather. (she is also amazed that it can get so hot here, when 4 days after she arrived in February we had a blizzard).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lydia S. Segal (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #139) on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 9:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My spouse runs the marine corp marathon in late Oct so that he is doing short - 4 -6 milers and one or two long 10 - 12 milers when we are on the island in August for 3 weeks. He finishes his runs by 8 am if not before. I run or walk - 2 or 3 miles at most - as well also just after the night fades into light. Stay on the shore road. Never had any problems. Felt v. safe.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration