BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Airport Closed from Ash from Volcano
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2006-03-01 to 2006-07-31: Airport Closed from Ash from Volcano
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #18176) on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 2:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think we all know about this, but wondering if those of you who live on island are experiencing any of the falling ash. Inquiring minds want to know:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2255) on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 2:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Check this out

http://www.caribbean360.com/News/Caribbean/Stories/2006/05/21/NEWS0000002902.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #450) on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Even with the big eruption some years ago we had no ash falling on Bonaire ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan - "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy" (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #315) on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Grasshopper,
We aren't that I know of.

The problem will be for the planes out of San Juan/Jamaica etc.

We were stuck in San Juan for 3 days the last time this happened a few years ago on our way back from holiday. Because it was a natural disaster, hotel rooms were not paid for. It was time for the Visa card....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Babs (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10680) on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 7:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the link Ann! :-)
Hi Susan! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #451) on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 7:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The flights from San Juan to the islands including Bonaire are cancelled since yesterday (Saturday). Guests supposed to arrive yesterday phoned me, perhaps Tuesday or Wednesday, but could be Thursday the flights perhaps will resume ... so they will spend their vacation in Puerto Rico ......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #18182) on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 10:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks to those on island :-) By the link that Ann posted on another thread it looked like the ash cloud was supposed to go right over the ABCs...guess that didn't happen. I'd rather have 3 extra days on Bon than 3 in PR though:-)

wow on the delay of guests till Thursday. I'd be seeing if I could get a boat to Culebra from PR to do some diving:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #580) on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 12:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sky is crystal clear-I can even see the southern cross. Yet another beautiful, breezy Bonaire night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #18183) on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 10:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth, nice visual...thanks:-) Wonder of Dr. Doo got off island...

Brigitte, hope your guests arrive soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J.J zambrano mazzei (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #131) on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 6:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

all the flights to and from Bonaire are open since this morning !

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration