BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Dia di Rincon
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2006-03-01 to 2006-07-31: Dia di Rincon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #240) on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 2:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For pictures of the celebration in Rincon over the weekend, click on the link toward the bottom of the page. The costumes are really beautiful! Anyone local that went, we'd love to hear about the fun (did anyone bring Jane an ice cold bright?)!

Dia di Rincon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Gauron (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #548) on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 2:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Let me try again.

(Message edited by bonaire9 on May 1, 2006)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Gauron (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #549) on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 2:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Who is this pretty lady?
h

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Brown (BonaireTalker - Post #95) on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 4:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde,

Dia di Rincon was excellent fun as always. I brought Jane a Bright, but no one else did--she was just a little bent out of shape :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5564) on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 5:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the link, Cyn....I love to visit Rincon. Had no idea the Rose Inn had guest rooms, too! Wow. Great food at the Rose Inn.

Can't wait for someone to post some photos of the Big Day so we can enjoy the party, too.

Poor Jane.....

Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harrie Cox (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #350) on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 10:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is YHAOIT.
(Your Humble Assistant On Island Time)

With pics of Dia di Rincon 2006.

Was a marvellous day, with good food and lots of drinks, and beautiful people in beautiful costumes, and everybody enjoying themselves.

Longtime ago I posted pics, see if it is successful.

Dia di Rincon 2006, 01

Dia di Rincon 2006, 02

Dia di Rincon 2006, 03

More pictures coming.

Harrie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harrie Cox (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #351) on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 10:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmm, it worked

beautiful costumes, isn't it?
Lots of music also, everybody dancing.

Actually I call this "Koninginnedag", because i am a Dutchman. (Queens Day).
The festivities in Holland on that day were covered with rain and hail. A lot better on Bonaire.

Dia di Rincon 2006, 04

Dia di Rincon 2006, 06

Dia di Rincon 2006, 07

More coming

YHAOIT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harrie Cox (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #352) on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Posting pics is easy, when you know how to do it.

Dia de Rincon 2006, 09, Dia di Rincon 2006, 05

A picture of one of the slicks on the trailer.

Dia de Rincon 2006, 08

Enjoyed? We too

Harrie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5567) on Monday, May 1, 2006 - 11:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, Harrie! What beautiful and vibrant colors everyone was wearing at the festival....oh, so pretty!! You can see the fun everyone is having by the smiles on all of their faces. It looks like everyone had a fabulous time in Rincon. Just sooooo many beautifully designed and colorful costumes to enjoy! Thanks, again, Harrie. Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By juni (BonaireTalker - Post #37) on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 6:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good pictures Harrie. Thanks for showing. Could I use a few with costumes on my blog? just don't want to infringe on your copyright :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1004) on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 9:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the photo's !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17928) on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 10:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Alex, glad that Jane got at least one beer ;-)

Harrie, great photos, thanks for sharing them:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harrie Cox (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #356) on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 11:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Juni,

just use them, but I don't know if the people that are portrayed on them agree, I don't know who they are....
But please put a note with them, who took the pics.

Harrie

(Message edited by harmoni on May 2, 2006)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Chalk - Habitat - STINAPA - BONHATA (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #228) on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 5:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just wanted to share a few photographs of the Bikers Bonaire Motorcycle Club "Ride to Rincon" which took place on Rincon Day as well. We were able to raise Nafl. 2,000.00 through the sell of t-shirts and donations and then the club matched that for a total of Nafl. 4,000.00 which was donated at the end of the ride in Rincon to FKPD which is the foundation for the handicapped located in Rincon.

After the presentation we all then just enjoyed a great afternoon in Rincon with all the parades, food and fun.

Breakfast before the ride started in the Habitat Parking lot

View of the parking lot prior to the ride starting

Little Harley on Orlando's little chopper

Pit stop for water and soft drinks at Polo's Garage and Car Center

Habitat and Polo's Garage were the main sponsors for the ride.

Gathering for the presentation of the check at the end of the ride in the courtyard of FKPD

President of BBMC Orlando Francisca presents the check for Nafl. 4000.00 to the director of FKPD

Group photograph of all the riders and participants

Enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By juni (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 6:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Harrie. Will put your name as the one that took the pictures. Just my private blog for friends and family on the mainland, no commercial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17946) on Tuesday, May 2, 2006 - 10:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jack, thanks for sharing. I'm assuming little Harley is feeling better as he is on a bike...eh? How many bikes were there and did they come in from Aruba and Curacao as well?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Chalk - Habitat - STINAPA - BONHATA (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #229) on Wednesday, May 3, 2006 - 9:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Grasshopper, yes, little Harley is doing fine and thanks for asking.

No, as a matter of fact, all the bikes were local with some riders from Curacao and Aruba who rented bikes from Orlando or borrowed friends bikes. In total, we had approximately 65-70 big twin, racing bikes, 2 trikes, and a few scooters. Pretty impressive for such a small island and all for a good cause.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17952) on Wednesday, May 3, 2006 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jack, very cool!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration