BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Support for animal shelter
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archhives - 2005-11-08 to 2006-03-01: Support for animal shelter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Steiner (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Tuesday, January 3, 2006 - 9:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My boyfriend and I recently visited the animal shelter in Bonaire and brought them some things they needed. We'd like to send meds they need and requested and money to them but don't know the best way to do this. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #242) on Tuesday, January 3, 2006 - 11:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sue
The very next topic below this one is "Support Bonaire" It says there that they will take credit card donations to the animal shelter. There has not been any recent activity there but I believe it's still active. Perhaps Jake will chime in on that.
Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #56) on Wednesday, January 4, 2006 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sue, go to www.SupportBonaire.org and click on "Donate." Then you can choose which Foundation to donate to (yes, the Animal Shelter is one). At the bottom of the form, there is a "comment box" and in that box if you want the funds to go to something specific at the shelter, put the information there.

Thanks for supporting the Animal Shelter!

Cynde

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bea and Marvin Jones (BonaireTalker - Post #93) on Wednesday, January 4, 2006 - 3:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Also, if you want to keep up with what is going on at the Animal Shelter and the fundraising being organized for the Shelter - http://www.bonaireanimalshelter.org/ is updated regularly.

HTH - Bea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Steiner (BonaireTalker - Post #31) on Wednesday, January 4, 2006 - 6:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Bea, Marvin, and Cynde. I understand how I can donate funds to the Animal Shelter but how would I send medications to the them? Does anyone know of a specific person in charge? If not I might be able to find an islander who would be willing to drop them off at the shelter. Thanks for your support.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim and Jane Madden (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, January 4, 2006 - 9:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Sue, I am one of the volunteers at the shelter and met you when you visited. The manager of the shelter is Jurri Mellema, the shelter address is:
Dierenasiel Bonaire, Kaminda Lagoen 26-A, Kralendijk, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles 00000
You can send the medications there or send them to me and I will take them there. You will need to fill out a U.S. customs form to send the stuff here. Please e-mail me for information on exactly how to do that. My e-mail is diskomadden@yahoo.com Thank you for your wonderful support thus far...we really appreciate it. The toys are being well used and our "house" dogs are sporting some beautiful new collars! THANK YOU! Jane Madden

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #469) on Friday, January 6, 2006 - 11:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The animal shelter might want to check ahead of time to see if there will be import duties on whatever is being sent--this might make things cost prohibitive (and maybe best if you find someone traveling down who's willing to carry them). Best not to have a costly "surprise" like that for a good deed.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration