BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Regatta 2005
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-07-17 to 2005-11-07: Regatta 2005
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T-Shirt Divers John and Sue (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #274) on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 12:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Congratulations to Divi Dive Bonaire for winning the boat parade this year in the Regatta!! This was the first year I missed Regatta since it was a week later. Decorating and being on the boat in the Regatta is a lot of fun! Maybe next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise Kacavas (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1095) on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 5:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

any body have a picture of Divi Dive in the boat parade???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn Loo Hoo (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14811) on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 5:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Denise, Darelene took pics, but she's still on island! We were all supposed to be on the Woodwind for the parade, but their motor broke:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #438) on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 8:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Denise,
We sent out three boats, all decorated with balloons. One of our boats also had lights which one of the employees brought. That boat won the prize. The other boats (non Divi) really didn't do decorations, so it's not surprising we won.
John and Sue, you would have loved what Rofino did. One of the boats from off-island had a canon and fired the canon several times across our bow. Rofino responded by firing several volleys by popping balloons and shouting "take that." The noise was just as loud.
Well, guess you had to be there--and wish you had been. Miss you both!
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn Loo Hoo (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14816) on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 9:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tish, are you working at Divi now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #440) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 7:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just diving there a lot. It's "my" adopted shop. I've known some of the guys for as long as 15 years, from back in my avid snorkeling days. Excuse the royal "we." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn Loo Hoo (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14819) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tish...<wink> Somehow I just couldn't picture you as a DM shleping tanks ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #442) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 11:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If it were not for my arthritis, I would have done the DM certification. No joke.
Come to think of it, I did actually help decorate the Divi dive boats for the parade. But somehow that doesn't make me a dive master. Maybe I'm sort of a team mascot. :-)
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T-Shirt Divers John and Sue (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #276) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Denise, there is a picture of the boat in this weeks Bonaire Reporter. It looks like Laurel is driving with Pepe.

Tish, Good thing Rofino was on the boat! No one messes with Rofino and his boat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #444) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 5:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Laurel and Pepe were on Sunshine, which is the boat that won because it had not only the balloons we had put on all three boats but Christmas lights too.
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Pochodzay (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 6:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have a few pictures of the boat parade - I think these have your boats in them. I will try to upload them.

(Message edited by dennisp on October 22, 2005)

(Message edited by dennisp on October 22, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Pochodzay (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 6:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

boats1
boats2
boats3
boats4
boats5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #446) on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 10:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You've got the Divi boats in all your shots. The first and next to last are Sea Gypsy, which I rode on.
Nice sunset shots!
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #468) on Thursday, November 3, 2005 - 11:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Whoops! My mistake. That's not Sea Gypsy. It's a Buddy Dive boat.
Thanks to Divi Dive's Roger, who was captain of Sea Gypsy that evening, for the correction! He says the boats look a lot alike, but are not identical. I'm sure ours was better decorated, since Roger did those balloons. :-)
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3389) on Thursday, November 3, 2005 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tish, were you with T-shirt divers John and Sue??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #469) on Thursday, November 3, 2005 - 12:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No, they left before I arrived. We just missed each other. Incidentally, Sue sent me a wonderful dive shot of the two of you.
And I think you and I dove together a couple of years ago. Even under water, you look familiar. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3391) on Thursday, November 3, 2005 - 12:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh okay, I thought they were on the Sea Gypsy for the parade..

I love that picture Sue took, I think she even sent it to divegoddess.com which is so funny !

When I come with my dive group (as opposed to coming alone), we always stay at Divi (at Sunset Beach until, well, you know). So if you're on the boats a bunch, yep, we've probably been on the same boat ! :-)

I have a funny picture somewhere of Rofino, if I can find it, I'll email it to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #470) on Thursday, November 3, 2005 - 12:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No, I was. They were back home.
Yes, I dive on the Divi boats a lot.
Would love to see the funny photo of Rofino.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T-Shirt Divers John and Sue (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #284) on Friday, November 4, 2005 - 8:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly and I have "good" pictures of Rofino, don't we?! You know what I mean Kelly!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #473) on Friday, November 4, 2005 - 9:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have tried to photograph Rofino a couple of times, but the pictures did not turn out. So would love a good shot of him. Thanks!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3396) on Friday, November 4, 2005 - 12:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Man, I cannot find that picture. I'll keep looking though. He was looking very --- ahem --- photogenic. lol. What a doll !!!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration