BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Driver license
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-07-17 to 2005-11-07: Driver license
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Namthip Paine (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 9:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone know where to apply for the driver license in Bonaire? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1931) on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 5:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is not as easy as just applying. You need to have residence status or a good reason for needing one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Namthip P. (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 5:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm already a residency in Bonaire. That's why I need a driver license. Do I need to take a test? or Can I use U.S.'s driver license here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Namthip P. (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 8:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My husband and I need to take a test although we both have a valid US license. We'll take a class first. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #388) on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 7:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did not need to take a test and most other Americans I know did not need to do so, as long as we had valid US licenses. I do know one person who had to take a driving test, but that was many years ago, before the police became so busy.
Go to the complex of buildings where you get your auto license plates (between Divi Flamingo and Kaya Grandi). When you are outside that particular building, go to the building on your right and walk until you come to the end of that building. That is the place where they will give you the forms you need to start the process to receive a license. Be sure to bring your US license and money. One of the stops in the process will be at your local doctor's office. You will stop at a couple of other offices during your quest, but eventually turn in everything at the office where you began and then pick up your license there a couple of days later. It's time consuming, but easy.
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Namthip P. (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 9:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry that I didn't inform about our driver's license last week. We didn't have to take a test. The officer was confused that we wanted to apply for motorcycle too, so she told us to take a test. Anyway, we'll get the license after tomorrow. It takes about a week.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration