BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Good produce this week
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-07-14: Good produce this week
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1842) on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 5:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey everyone,

Has anyone found any good produce this week? Tasty ripe red tomatoes? Are the Cultimara peaches any good?? Please pass along any good finds as I have had a run of bad luck getting decent produce ...thanks..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #206) on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 7:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I never know how long the produce I buy will last. It's a gamble. But I have been to four stores in the last week and bought nice things at all four: Warehouse, Consalves, Cultimara, and More for Less. Avocados seem good this week. Had more trouble finding really good tomatoes. Cultimara has nectarines now. Also yams.
Your house looks great, but will it be ready on July 1? Best wishes with the move!! :-)
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #382) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've been here 15 yrs now, and still haven't had a good peach. Remember, the cargo boats come in on Thursday, so produce, etc, is usually new (to Bonaire anyway) on the shelves by Fri/Sat. More-for-Less has stuff flown in from Equador on Thursdays (good black-berries). And the Venezuelan fruit/veg boats arrive with new stuff on Tuesdays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fiona Rattray (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #326) on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 10:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This thread is one reason why I love this board!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1861) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 7:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Warehouse had DELISH purple plums Friday..9,00 for 6..tasty as can be..

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration