BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Getting Hitched in Paradise?
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-07-14: Getting Hitched in Paradise?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian mccarley (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 9:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I turn to the treasury of all knowledge.. What is the gauntlet to be run in getting married on Bonaire?
I've heard it's tough... ideas or info please?

Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1903) on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 9:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brian, f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-first of all congrat-grat-grat-grat-ulationsssssss. The rrrrrrrest of us m-m-m-m-married guys wel-wel-wel-come you to our cl-cl-cl-cl-club.

Seriously, check out:

http://www.infobonaire.com/weddings.html

best wishes, for many happy years to-to-to-together;-{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4010) on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 9:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brian, as a dutch couple, it didn't take much effort to get married on Bonaire. We used Multro Travel & Tours (www.bonaireweddings.com) for the paperwork et all. You can contact Marvel Tromp and she does all the work for you. For the pictures we asked Suzi Swygert, and she is just the best. We had a great day, thanx to those people and all of our friends who attended our wedding and party.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Israel A. Sanchez (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #202) on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 12:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brian, Congratulations! If you're not a Dutch citizen, it will take quite a bit of work but it's worth it! My wife and I got married in Bonaire in January 8,th 2004 and it was SO worth it. Make sure to take your time and get the paper work ready (this is NOT the kind of place where you elope for a spur of the moment thing). Our paper work was as hard as hard can get considering that although I'm an American Citizen now, I was born in Latin America and my original Birth Certificate with apostille and seal of approval from the Dutch Embassy in the country was required. It's much easier for American Citizens. Apostilles sound something new for most people, but they're NOT hard to get.

Giving credit where credit is due, we could NOT have done it the help of our Wedding Planner Amina Kromodimedjo from Bonaire Tours and Vacations. She even helped me get my paper work in Latin America, now how awesome is that? She can help you arrange a wedding at the beach, or City Hall, Arrange for a nice car, Flowers, Cake, Witnesses, Photography and video, translation of the marriage certificate and anything else you may need. I highly recomend the romantic dinner for two at the beach after. It's the perfect way to finish your especial day. You can reach her at her e-mail or call her directly at the island at 562-7552. The website is Bonaire Tours click on weddings.

Best of luck and hope the info helps. Coach Izzy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jos van osnabrugge (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1705) on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 11:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom ,

I wish I could say like Groucho :
"I don't want to be member of a club that would accept me as a member".

Was it a stutter or a trembling of your fingers!!!???

sjosss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jos van osnabrugge (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1706) on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 11:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

best of luck Brian.

sjosss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1905) on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 6:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jos, both, I really wanted to say "Run!" to Brian, but my wife was watching;-{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2679) on Wednesday, June 1, 2005 - 5:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brian, I can attest to the wonderful photography by Suzi. She did an amazing job on Martin and Angela's wedding photographs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Israel A. Sanchez (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #203) on Wednesday, June 1, 2005 - 9:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I add to the sentiments. Amina got Suzi to do our photography and Hendrik Wuyts to do the video. Both turned out amazing! Can't go wrong. Coach Izzy

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration