BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Is there a piano tuner on Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-07-14: Is there a piano tuner on Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bas Noij (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, May 9, 2005 - 7:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This question was also asked a few years ago. Now we are planning on moving to Bonaire somewhere mid next year. We plan on bringing our piano. Does anyone know of other people with a piano and how they get it tuned?

Thanks!

Bas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy P (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #346) on Monday, May 9, 2005 - 9:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Bas,

Are you saying you need a piano tuna just for the halibut? I don't mean to carp on you on porpoise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Gibson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Monday, May 9, 2005 - 10:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm a piano tuner who comes to Bonaire now and then. Probably July or so of this year. If you don't find anybody local, I'd bring my tools.
You might try to get it in a temperature and humidity stable room if it's going to live in the tropics....swings of both are hard on a piano.
Is it an upright or a grand? If it's a grand, you might want to lock the action down before shipping, and get a lesson on setting it up, since I bet there aren't a whole bunch of piano movers on Bonaire.
You probably know this stuff already, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to add a little info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2213) on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 12:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbara, you should put an ad in the Bonaire Reporter, tune a few pianos, and deduct the whole trip.
Just my 2 cents...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Gibson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Seb, I've sure thought about it. I teach scuba on the weekends...between the two there's gotta be a deduction. Randy P, this is your chance to make a tuna piano joke....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lassie (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 1:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Arf!
You can tune a piano but you can't tunafish!

Arf ARF!

(I just crack myself up sometimes -- this is more fun than running around in circles trying to catch my own tail...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Gibson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 3:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Lassie. You're the best dog ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy P (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #347) on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 8:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WHAT????!!

Timmie is stuck in the well again????? The heck with him, never could stand the bopy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lassie (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 7:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

ARF!
And Timmie whinnnned even more than I do.
(Better call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAMbulance!)

Talk about a high maintenance kid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bas Noij (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 7:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL....even though the same jokes popped up in the piano tuning thread 2 years ago ;-)

Thanks all for the valuable info so far! We will give the idea of bringing our piano (it's an upright BTW) some serious thought. Might wanna switch to a digital...for better resistance to the conditions, no tuning needed and much easier to transport. Anyways...thanks again!

Bas and Ellie Noij.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian mccarley (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 7:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We brought our piano - the way we get it tuned is to wait for Barbara to get here.
By the way Barbara - I think we have all the gear to tune pianos including the electronic key tone unit.
Ours is an up right
Let us know when you're headed this way

Brian & Phyllis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2253) on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would e-mail her directly Brian, so you know she is aware of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Gibson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 1:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, I didn't see this addition til now. Yes, I can bring my tools, and I will tell you when I am coming. I tune by ear, though, so don't use electronics, just my little tuning forks and lever!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2263) on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 11:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Barbara(Forks) Gibson, do put a notice in the Bonaire Reporter as a public service to the sensitive ears of Bonaire(Ouch!)
I think it would be grrand for you to yearly tune many Bonaire pianos. You could become a legend. As a matter of fact, it sounds like a nice way to tour the islands. Maybe I should take a course...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration