BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: A few oldies
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-07-14: A few oldies
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Wallace (BonaireTalker - Post #66) on Thursday, May 5, 2005 - 7:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is a pic of a shirt I bought in 1991.
parrot
This is a grocery bag I bought (for two nafl at cultimara). What does this one mean?
seliman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (JATCCM) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2601) on Friday, May 6, 2005 - 10:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow! Cool stuff, Bruce!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #193) on Friday, May 6, 2005 - 12:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kumpra ku tas means "buy (shop) with this bag" I think....meaning to use that re-usable, canvas bag I guess!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Wallace (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Friday, May 6, 2005 - 5:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Kate; and I did use it to shop with. It was hard fitting that extra case of Bright's in there but it worked well. The shirt I bought at the dive shop from Andre and had it in the closet for years. I almost tossed it away. I didn't know that the Green Parrot had been washed away. I went back to Bonaire after "lenny" and wore it down there and had many seasoned divers ask about it. Offers were made but, I don't barter with drunks...I mean divers!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13633) on Friday, May 6, 2005 - 7:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bruce, hold on to the t-shirt, you could probably sell it on E-Bay in a few years for a lot of dough!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration