BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Looking for two old friends.
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-07-14: Looking for two old friends.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gail stich (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Tuesday, May 3, 2005 - 10:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all, we will be back for our seventh visit to wonderful Bonaire in July. We hav'nt been there for quite a few years now, and we are hoping to find two old friends of ours. Sonja, who worked at the Caribbean Club many years ago with her husband Piet. We last knew that she was living in Rincon, but don't know where she is now. Also, Ditta, who used to run the Leeward Inn when it existed. Any help is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Annette Roswell - The Last Bite Bakery (BonaireTalker - Post #100) on Wednesday, May 4, 2005 - 1:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Gail.

Not sure about Sonja and Piet, but Ditta can be found during the day at Cactus Accounting. (Listed in the phone book) :-)

Enjoy your return to Bonaire !

Annette

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John and Carol Collins (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Wednesday, May 4, 2005 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gail...
Sonja was working at a restaurant called "The Brasserie" when my husband and I visited Bonaire in March. It's located on the right hand side of Kaya Grande and had a sign on the sidewalk in front since it's located on a promenade between Kaya Grande and the next street over (don't know the name of that one). It's almost directly across the street from the Mona Lisa restaurant (which you should definitely try also). Have a wonderful vacation!!
Carol
Carol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gail stich (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Thursday, May 5, 2005 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Thank you both for the info. I think I'm looking forward to seeing these old friends as much as I am looking forward to our trip. The last time we were down, don't know how many years ago now, Sonja had been having serious health problems. It's good to know she's still around and back on her feet! Thanks, Again. Gail

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration