BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Labour Day (May 2)
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-07-14: Labour Day (May 2)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Pflanzer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #164) on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 2:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all

We'll be down during the period including May 2,
which I did not check out but now find out is
Labour Day. To what extent are businesses and
government offices/dive operations closed? Will
resorts operations and dive boats go out as
planned?

Many thanks

Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4809) on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 7:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Carl! I saw Patty last week...you are running off to Bonaire with a dive buddy, eh?! Sounds like a lot of fun. Have a great time! Carole

PS Sorry I couldn't answer your question about Labour Day, tho....cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michelle S (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 9:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Carl,
Email or call the businesses you are planning to visit on that Monday. They can let you know their plans. Babs at Dive Inn (the dive shop we have always patronized) wrote to let us know she plans to be open May 2nd.
We only just found out about this upcoming holiday 2 days ago. The managers of the studios at which we will be staying (Coco Palm Gardens) e-mailed me the other day, letting us know that many businesses will be closed that day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Pflanzer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #165) on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 9:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, specifically I just need to know if Buddy
Dive is operating that day. :-)

Thanks!

Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 10:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michelle, We love dive-Inn and are returning there May 25th for 2 wks. Stay in #3 and love the meals on the porch in the morning. This makes the 5th time with Babs and Harry, well 2nd with Harry, Babs is in love...
Well hope this note finds you in good health and hope to see you in Bonaire sometime. Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #282) on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 2:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Official days off are always 30th of April (this year on a Sat) which is Queens Birthday/Rincon Day and the 1st of May (this year on a Sunday) is Labour Day and as both these days are on the week end the central government decided that Monday 2nd of May is an official day off .... shops will be closed (no idea yet if Cultimara is open on one or more of these days as on normal Sundays from 10am to 2pm), the restaurants will be open to their normal schedule as will be the dive shops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2157) on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 6:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are there any days of the year the diveshops close??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #283) on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 7:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Most of the dive shop close the morning hours on the 1st of January ......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish Dace (BonaireTalker - Post #91) on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 11:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Seb, Divi Dive Bonaire is open every day of the year but opens slightly later than usual on January 1st. The dive boats there leave a little later that one morning.
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michelle S (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 12:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks again Brigitte!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michelle S (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 12:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Ron. I am sorry that we will miss each other. I hope that we might run into one another, too. Enjoy your trip.

Only 9 days to go!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 8:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have a great trip Michelle, Fill a logbook or so thats what good'ol Bonaire is all about!! Just remember "Don't go down till your flag is up". Ron

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration