BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: Judgement posted for crime against the Bianculli's.
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-07-14: Judgement posted for crime against the Bianculli's.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynthia Brown (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Monday, March 7, 2005 - 11:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I read in Amigoe.com that the sentance was handed out last Friday against the five people that were convicted of the beatings and robbery in Sabedeco. Two of the people received 12 years and the other three received between 2 1/2 to 6 years. The article did not state where the prisoners were to serve their jail time. Hopefully, Mr. and Mrs. Bianculli have some sense of relief and closure after their ordeal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish Dace (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Tuesday, March 8, 2005 - 7:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Biancullis do not participate in Bonaire Talk. Of course they might have hoped for longer sentences but understand that Dutch law imposes only 25 years for murder. The sentences will be served on Curacao.
Everyone on Bonaire owes a debt to Barbara and Albert for preserving DNA evidence and insisting it be sent to Holland for analysis. This put the guilty behind bars and made the island safer for the rest of us. Thank you, Barbara and Albert!
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #247) on Tuesday, March 8, 2005 - 7:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynthia -

Thank you for the update on this matter.

We have been wondering.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1252) on Wednesday, March 9, 2005 - 8:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am glad that a prison sentence was given to those hoodloms! Thank you for posting this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Goodman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #112) on Wednesday, March 9, 2005 - 9:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has crime seemed to decrease since this group was arrested?

I've seen very little discussion of petty crimes lately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4736) on Wednesday, March 9, 2005 - 7:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Cynthia. I hope the prison walls will hold them all in there for their terms. Is'nt this the prison where the bad guys have actually just walked out the doors and taken off for other parts at leisure??

Is there any "time off for good behavior' with this sentencing system?? I hope not. I don't believe in that system or "let's make a deal" either. Thanks again for letting us know the outcome. That was pretty swift compared to the backlog in the US for prosecutions, etc. Carole

PS I hope the family has been able to get their lives back to "normal" as much as they can after that horrific assault. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #899) on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 8:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very happy to hear that something was done about that crime. Maybe it will set an example.
Makes me feel safer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish Dace (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 5:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The latest issue of the Bonaire Reporter quotes the Biancullis:
"We are pleased that the criminals have been brought to justice and that they have been held accountable for their actions. The good people of Bonaire have a clear example that with full disclosure of the crime by any victims and full cooperation between the Media, Police and Prosecutor it is possible to convict those responsible for their crimes."
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J.J zambrano mazzei (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #125) on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 10:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

glad to hear that those bad guys are in jail.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration