BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: QM2 comes back
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-07-14: QM2 comes back
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #225) on Thursday, March 3, 2005 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did I read correctly that the Queen Mary 2 is headed back to Bonaire this Saturday? I hope the photographers out there will get busy, and post some more picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #226) on Thursday, March 3, 2005 - 9:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Make that "post fome more pictures" plural.
Too early, not enough coffee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #227) on Thursday, March 3, 2005 - 9:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

One more time ...
Post some more pictures.
Okay, I give up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1714) on Thursday, March 3, 2005 - 9:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone been on board as a passenger?? It is an ugly boat if I may say so..Mom and my late Dad used to sail Cunard often. They loved the QEII sailing the NY Southhampton route on occassion. I had thought about taking Mom on the QMII someday but after chatting with several passengers in BON and reading a lot, it seems it's not quite up to the Cunard standard...plus any excuse for me NOT to sail on a cruise ship. The first day it came to BON was such fun..the entire island was at the boat at 7 AM...what excitement..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue (BonaireTalker - Post #87) on Thursday, March 3, 2005 - 9:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann
I have 2 very good friends who sailed on her on her 1st trip. They also do other crusies. Plus others on Cunard. They said it is what sailing is all about, the ease and just everything be done correctly.
Sue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1715) on Thursday, March 3, 2005 - 10:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sue, did they like it?? It was horrid about the opening of the ship and how so many died falling off the gang plank..I think 15 people died..sad...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tami Lamb (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Thursday, March 3, 2005 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I didn't hear about people falling off the gang plank....how horrid!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #887) on Thursday, March 3, 2005 - 10:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had been on Bonaire when the QE2 docked and it was definately an impressive site!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #885) on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 5:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here is a link to the accident http://uk.news.yahoo.com/031115/325/ee1rs.html

We saw her dock and leave Bonaire in December she is a superb sight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Babs (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7972) on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 12:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here she is on the webcams! I caught her leaving port this morning QE2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5921) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 11:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5922) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 11:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

try this link QE2 accident

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Penksa (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 7:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

is there a set schedule of arrival/departure for Bonaire on this vessel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Frank (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 10:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Took this in December QM2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Frank (BonaireTalker - Post #97) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 10:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And another try...QM2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Frank (BonaireTalker - Post #98) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 10:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If this doesn't work I'm going to bed...
QM2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Frank (BonaireTalker - Post #99) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 10:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Got it down to 50.9 kb and still won't work. My computer says it's 49.9...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Frank (BonaireTalker - Post #100) on Sunday, March 6, 2005 - 11:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK, fourth time's the charm. qm2

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration