BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Local Items: DIVE FESTIVAL 2005
Bonaire Talk: Local Items: Archives: Archives 2005 - 2006: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-03-01: DIVE FESTIVAL 2005
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4622) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 3:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, guys....does anyone know if the 2005 Dive Festival has actually been scheduled for 2005? I can't seem to find anything on the InfoBonaire.com website to confirm the dates or where the activities are this year.

Is there a Dive Festival at all this year? It is usually in June but so far I've struck out locating information and dates, etc. for 2005.

Thanks! Carole

(Message edited by Carole on January 30, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5330) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 4:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't believe there is one this year - it used to be on the InfoBonaire calendar as To Be Announced, but was recently removed.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4623) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 7:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Jake. I had a feeling it was not going to occur this year as there had been no confirmed dates, only speculation as to the date being in June. Thanks for your response, Carole

PS We hope to see you guys in June, too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Holcomb (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 11:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry to hear the news. I have scheduled a trip for the 2nd week in June hoping to catch part of the Dive Festival. Not that this would ever prevent me from coming, but I was looking forward to sampling it for the first time. Does anyone know why there will not be one (lack of sponsorship, or organizers, or volunteers ???) ?

Regardless, hope to see you in June.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #187) on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 10:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

While looking for somthing else I bumped into this article about the dive festival. Now, if it only proves to be true.
http://www.bonairedivefestival.com/packages/
Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Klemish (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 12:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mickey--
I took a look at the website you mentioned above concerning the Dive Fest in June. On the top of the page it shows the date, 2004. Too bad, we are going to be at the Sand Dollar the second week of June 2005.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #234) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 6:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This was a message from the Tourist Office on the 17th Jan 2005

After deliberations, there is a consensus that the right direction to take this year towards this event is to not proceed and take action to either re-invent the event or allocate funds to other activities (TBD). The timing is right and there is a need for something "New / Fresh", plus it is late for Bonaire to start arrangements and hence take maximum benefit of a 2005 Dive Festival.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration